• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What molds have you tried this year and rejected?

Magic/Judge - I hated the judge because the bead. Honestly, I threw magics for spin putting and now I'm push putting, so who knows, I may still be able to use them pretty effectively

Harp - Didn't have enough fade for what I was looking for
Truth - More glide than I wanted in a midrange. Also, more turn than I wanted. Loved the fuzions for turnovers but couldn't get used to the lucid
Verdict - Was a little too fast for what I wanted

TL - Couldn't find the sweet spot between hyzer and flat release
Trident - I prefer xxx zone. Trident didn't get enough shots
Escape - Similar to the world, I could get crazy long shots or just completely shank it

Trespass - Seems like I had the same complaint with all of my discs...finding a good trespass that was OS enough was difficult. Had one I loved but was terrified to lose it
Tern - Didn't feel like it did anything special. Trying out a D4 for this slot
Stiletto - Prefer the enforcer, more reasonable in most cases
Bolt - Wind dominated this and it's too hilly/windy where I am
Villain - A little shorter than I wanted, not stable enough to throw flex shots with
World - Farthest shots I've ever thrown...or the worst shots I've thrown. Again, finding the sweet spot for the long turnover was too tricky

I would love to see your MD3. Because all of the MD3's that I own are super beefy. I am wondering if you got some of the MD2's that got stamped MD3.

I picked it up from the Discmania store about 2 months ago.

Are most MD3s actually stable? High speed stable particularly.

The MD3 I had would turn when thrown hard. It still had a good fade, but too much high speed turn (I was looking for something that could be thrown hard with no turn, like a Wasp or Verdict). This thing had a little more turn than my Lucid Truth.

Axiom/MVP--Alias, Tangent, Axis--Couldn't beat my Glo Flx Buzz and Opto Fuse
MVP--Tesla--At my arm speed, Volt was better than Tesla
MVP--Inertia--Already have rollers and liked my Pro Wraith better for distance driver
MVP Servo--Fell in love with Crave instead
Lat Pro Saint--Volt was better fit for what I wanted
Axiom/MVP--Switch and Inspire--Opto River works better for me

(MVP/Axiom experiment added Envies, Craves, Volts, Resistors, probably Proxies when released and maybe Motions and Tensors to the bag so it was good, even with the rejections)

Last edited:
Yeah...MD3's are usually pretty beefy. My 180g C-MD3 flies a lot like a max weight Champ Roc3...maybe a slight bit slower but better glide.

If yours is turning and then coming back...I'd have to wonder if it's an MD3. Any chance you still have it?

I picked it up from the Discmania store about 2 months ago.

Are most MD3s actually stable? High speed stable particularly.

The MD3 I had would turn when thrown hard. It still had a good fade, but too much high speed turn (I was looking for something that could be thrown hard with no turn, like a Wasp or Verdict). This thing had a little more turn than my Lucid Truth.

Axiom/MVP--Alias, Tangent, Axis--Couldn't beat my Glo Flx Buzz and Opto Fuse
MVP--Tesla--At my arm speed, Volt was better than Tesla
MVP--Inertia--Already have rollers and liked my Pro Wraith better for distance driver
MVP Servo--Fell in love with Crave instead
Lat Pro Saint--Volt was better fit for what I wanted
Axiom/MVP--Switch and Inspire--Opto River works better for me

(MVP/Axiom experiment added Envies, Craves, Volts, Resistors, probably Proxies when released and maybe Motions and Tensors to the bag so it was good, even with the rejections)

That's what trying new companies is all about. Not every disc works for every person and lots of variables when it comes down to it really so great objective post and hope your setup works well for a long time. solid molds it sounds like!

Let's see where to begin:
Prodigy yes all of them, to inconsistent.
DD everything except the Truth.
Innova Roc in Star and Champ, but love the KC Flatop. The standards rims just don't feel right
The "3" series from Innova
Drone once again weird feeling rim
Spider
Destroyer just don't have the power for them I'll stick with my wraiths
Tern
Mamba
Unlace
Lace
Valkyrie (was amazed when I realized I never tried them before)
Atlas
Comet
Crank
Foxbat
Gazelle
Mace
And numerous putters

Got a first run stamp Prodigy D3 (either 400s or 400g, there wasn't any indication on it) around May this year. It was glorious! One of the best, easiest to control, most forgiving drivers I'd ever thrown.
So, of course, I went and threw it into a swamp.

I went to replace it soon after from the stock inventory at our club store (which was sent at exactly the same time as we received the "first run" discs). I bought a 400s and a 400g, which seemed really similar of the same weight as the first, 175. I like having a lightweight option, so I also picked up a 153g 350RX D3 while I was there because the plastic felt so nice.

Nope! Neither of the 400 D3's flew even remotely similar to the one I lost. They were really overstable and kind of hard to predict. The 350RX was incredibly understable - to the point that it was almost impossible to control. I know light discs are more understable, but this was just a silly difference and the only way to keep it from going roller is to throw it on a 180° hyzer and watch it turn all the way over and still hold a right hand line.

So, with that kind of inconsistency across a mold... I'm done with D3's. (and I'm very leary to try any other Prodigy at this point)

Last edited:

Latest posts