• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What Plastic/Mold Combos Would You Like To See in 2019?

My bag is fairly set but there are a couple discs that I'd like to see released in 2019:

1. Firm K3 Reko - Rumor is that a firmer version of K3 (possibly called k4?) is going to be released soon, I'm looking forward to it
2. Metal Flake or luster Exodus, whichever one they can get to consistently mold up flat
3. Cryztal Nuke OS - not for me, my brother has been looking for a backup for years from the one time that they ran these, it would take care of his birthday present

Potential Bonus: Bring back the p-pd, and release an electron Proxy

oh, and another run of luster MD3, that is my favorite mid that I have ever thrown. I wish that I would have bought more back when they made them

Not a fan of the glossy star plastic, myself.

Me either except my Star Shark from 2016 No Flight Numbers is the glossy but not what this new stuff is, the new stuff is like a glossy soft Echo Star or a super glossy Pro. If I want a Star disc that is glossy it has to be like Star plastic that is different from Pro or Echo Star and if I do not want glossy discs then it should feel like Echo Star for the most part. I can use both types of plastic for the Star discs, but the stuff that just feels like they put the protecting material that is on modern Pro but as much as to make the disc feel like it is Star is just not right or taking softer Echo Star like Star and just putting as much gloss protecting material on the disc to make it feel like regular Star is also not right. Star Should feel like Star, different from Pro or be like Echo Star, this is how the Star plastic has felt for years one or the other though some times the Star has been like the current runs for a run or two. Innova do not cut corners by hardening up with the glossy material of the Pro to Star levels, Echo Star can work if the Echo Star is more a true Echo Star and one just hardens that up with the glossy material.

I wonder if some older discs have been found at the warehouse and Innova is selling them off to get rid of a bad run like I have said before?

Last edited:
But with McBeth gone now they might get rid of it.

Nope, it Seems now that Innova has made the old Mc Pro Aviar into a tour series disc Calling the plastic, Touring Pro with a part of the profits of the Tour Series Aviar to go to the top pros that get a signature touring disc. I think that is where a McBeth ROC 3 might go, if Innova keeps making the plastic type. I hope they keep making both plastic as the Touring Pro/Former McBeth is slick when new where as KC Pro when new has more grip then Touring Pro/Former McBeth.

1. Firm K3 Reko - Rumor is that a firmer version of K3 (possibly called k4?) is going to be released soon, I'm looking forward to it

That WILL be nice. The Reko is one of my favorite putter designs; almost beat out the Marshal. A 'K4" Reko would be something I'd try...

Harp in VIP-X

Kaxe in new stiffer Baseline (k4)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

I would like to see the innova version of the zone/harp. I would also like to see a tour series Philo Classic Aviar! There are too many tour series destroyers and shrykes!

I would like to see the innova version of the zone/harp. I would also like to see a tour series Philo Classic Aviar! There are too many tour series destroyers and shrykes!

I agree with the Harp but is the AviarX3 not a Zone like disc? I say that Innova makes that mold in more plastic types then just Champion for a more useful disc. Another disc that could be used the same way to a Zone is the Colt but the Colt is less OS then a Zone and Colt has a different feel. Rat I think was supposed to be a Zone like disc but not sure why the comparison is not made?

I just want what should be available to be available. I feel like there is no excuse at this point for the bigger companies to not have stock discs available in stock plastics. It is frustrating as hell when a mold is only available in one plastic. I feel like discmania is the most guilty of this, but every company seems to have a few molds like this. I don't want to have to pay a premium once a year because you can't make a disc in a popular plastic on a regular basis. I am pretty quick to change my bag and that gets me to throw different companies or molds real quick.

I agree with the Harp but is the AviarX3 not a Zone like disc? I say that Innova makes that mold in more plastic types then just Champion for a more useful disc. Another disc that could be used the same way to a Zone is the Colt but the Colt is less OS then a Zone and Colt has a different feel. Rat I think was supposed to be a Zone like disc but not sure why the comparison is not made?

The Stud is more OS than the Colt, but both are beaded and not like the Zone. The Harp is beaded and the AvX3 is not, but they fly verrrry similarly. The Zone (at least my ESP Zone) is a tick more OS than either one.

The Rat... I think that came out as Innova struggled to meet McBeth's OS approach/mid needs. It's a decent disc, but if you have a Harp, AvX3, Zone, Hornet, Justice, etc. etc., then the Rat is redundant to all of them.

Latest posts