• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What Pro do you want to see/expect to see breakout in 2019?

Big Jerm finally gets the monkey off his back and either wins worlds or USDGC.

Dickerson for sure. Anthony B., if he tours, could start popping onto the lead card.

Kevin Jones already had his break out year, but barring injury, he is here to stay.

There are so many good players now, I hope the years of having a two-man battle for points are long gone.

I'm hoping to see McBeast do well with his new company and discs.

And I want to see all of the FPO players do really well, and see more FPO players (i.e. larger numbers of FPO players).

Would love to see James Conrad pick up some big wins this year. Otherwise, I definitely see Mcbeth making a point this year that it's the archer, not the arrows.
Others that I would like to see take home big wins: Sexton, MJ, and I always enjoy watching Locastro (even with his history of expressing his emotion, his passion makes it more exciting). I feel like Locastro was so close to taking home worlds until Mcbeth and Wysocki took over the Disc Golf, but it would be cool to see the former highest ranked player make a comeback.
Lastly, shout-out to Philo... I would be happy to see his name at the top of the ranks this year.

What are we defining as "break out", exactly?

Break out as in winning their first major? Kevin Jones.

Break out as in making a few lead cards and maybe bagging a DGPT/NT win or two? Calvin Heimburg.

What are we defining as "break out", exactly?

Break out as in winning their first major? Kevin Jones.

Break out as in making a few lead cards and maybe bagging a DGPT/NT win or two? Calvin Heimburg.

Good choices... Dickerson is definitely a candidate for first major as well.

I'd like to see Zach Melton in the mix more. Think he'd be fun to root for.

I love watching Zach! Although I think he'll have a tough time being consistently in the mix in big tourneys. Throwing lefty seems like a disadvantage more often than an advantage, and his putting stroke is super streaky. A lot of moving parts in that putting motion. But when he's on he's on, and he's got a great personality that makes him fun to watch.

I'd love to see Uli win a major. When I started converting from golf to frolf, Ulibarri was an easy guy to identify with. He personified professionalism, in everything from how he dressed to how he acted on the course. Clearly took disc golf seriously as his job. After 15+ years of playing golf and watching the PGA Tour, seeing a guy like Uli that would have fit in among the Tiger Woods and Jordan Speiths of the world was eye opening. Sort of an "oh, not every disc golfer is just out to drink and smoke pot" moment for me. Since then obviously I've come to realize that many PDGA players take the sport seriously, they just present themselves in different ways; in general PDGA guys seem to have more fun while they play and root for each other way more than PGA guys. I still pull for Uli though, since he was the first guy I could really identify with.

Other than Paul U, I'd love to see Melton on more lead card coverage this year and see Paige B. tear up FPO now that she's touring full-time.

Another vote for Dickerson. He seems to be in the running anytime he plays, just hasn't been to as many events as the other 1020 and up folks.

Latest posts