• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What putting style do you use and why?

What putting style do you use?

• Push Putt

Votes: 25 21.9%
  • Pitch Putt

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • Spin Putt

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Hybrid Putt

Votes: 47 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

innovamania

Hey guys, so I've noticed lots of threads on here about putting, with people asking for tips or advice. This isn't one of those, this is simply out of interest. I'm just curious as to what most of you use. So if you wouldn't mind answering the poll and than also give a back story about how and why you use that style.

I'll start, I am a push/pitch putter. I used to be a huge spin putter but than I noticed how nice push putts and pitch putts look and started learning and practicing that style.

So that's my story now how about everyone else?

Most people will probably answer either Hybrid or Spin. Once you get out far enough, it is very hard to push putt. I personally use a hybrid putt with the spin increasing the farther out I get.

I spin putt 100% of the time. I don't like to change putting styles once I get outside of the circle (which many pitch/push putters do). I feel always using the same style leads to more consistency. I've tried pitch & push putting but I wasn't very good at it so I just stuck with spin putting. Also I feel you can putt better in the wind & make longer distance putts easier when spin putting.

I'm with DiscinFiend on this one. I spin putt as well, and I do it mostly for the accuracy. But the important thing, from all the videos I've watched, all the clinics I've attended, all the rounds I've played and all the people I've played with is to be consistent.

Even on a drop-in putt, I give it a little spin.

I push-putt, but I have been working on a Paul/Nikko kind of "sling" putt.
It allows me to get a lot of easy distance, so putting from 30'+ takes a lot less effort than trying to push from 30'.

I used to pitch putt, lots of hyzer, lots of height. Now i'm a straight push putt. Not a lot of height, very little hyzer, and the smallest amount of spin that will get the disc to fly straight and level the distance i need.

Most people will probably answer either Hybrid or Spin. Once you get out far enough, it is very hard to push putt. I personally use a hybrid putt with the spin increasing the farther out I get.

I feel like even my 100' jump "putts" are still a hybrid - more elbow and more weight shift, but still using the finger pop to eject the disc from my hand.

My straddle putt is a true pitch putt, and usually deadly accurate until I try it when I don't NEED to straddle. Then it's useless. ?.?

The only time I really spin putt is in headwinds, or when there's bushes at waist level and I need to punch it from my chest. I hate those putts.

I dig push putting, I pitch putt from like 45 (just to lay up, if the gods want to push it in, excellent, if not. I'll take the easy 2 putt.)

I will push putt everything else though. I used to spin putt, but my accuracy changed so much from day to day. Now I'm generally always on line, just gotta fix the height issue.

i voted for push putting. my putting was in dire straights until i watched the feldberg putting clinics and took a winter learning the style. what i love about it is unless you get a weird roll you almost always have an easy come back.

I might be confused, well, I know I'm confused, but I might not know the difference between styles. I straddle putt a la' Wysocki or Nikko(only not them, otherwise I'd be 1000 rated player). Is this a pitch putt? If so this is what I do. I find it very easy to line up straight at the pole, whereas when I attempt spin putts I have the tendency to pull it right(RHBH). I do have to revert to the spin putt outside of the circle to get the distance. I've also been cultivating a Turbo putt for getting over the shrubbery I often find myself behind or in.

I like to push putt inside the circle, it is hard to argue with the consistency that I get push putting as opposed to spin putting. But as has been said outside the circle I revert back to a spin putt to cover extra distance required or I will spin putt into a strong headwind.

I do a hybrid putt. Finally learned to cock my wrist and get some spin on it but i kind if pitch it forward so not sure if its a spin pitch or push. I guess somewhere in between

Just put the disc in the basket. Simple.

But really, I push putt out to about 45 ft, and outside of that, I throw it. Small pull-back + lots of practice = Accurate throws with the putter!

I push putt up to about 30 feet, then I spin since I haven't been push putting long. My goal over the winter is to be able to get a consistent push putt up to 35 or 40. I spin putted for the first year and a half, until my brother (also plays) taught me to push putt just as an "in case you need it", and i saw how little I missed inside of about 25 at that time, so I switched.

I voted for pitch putt, but anything outside of 5' and I can't hit the broad side of a barn. True story!

I voted for pitch putt, but anything outside of 5' and I can't hit the broad side of a barn. True story!

At the edge of the field by my house there is actually a barn that sits 400+/- away from where I practice throwing my drivers... one day I hope to be able to hit the broad side of that barn...

Latest posts