• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What sites do you visit for DG news, information, and/or chat?

bcr123psu

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
I know this has been done before, but there are a lot of new sites out there and I think it deserves a refresher. Not a debate about what is better, but merely a question about what's out there:

What sites do you visit to get your DG news & information and to talk about the sport?

Clearly, DGCR is an option. No need to list it. But if you happen to frequent any other informative disc golf sites and forums, what are they and what's their web address? What else can you tell us about it? Is it national in focus or regional/local?

Examples:

Disc Golf Review
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr
Website and forum for information on form/technique and disc reviews
National/Global Focus

Lehigh Valley Disc Club
http://www.lvdiscgolf.org
Site for the courses in the Lehigh Valley area and the local DG club, the LVDC.
Local Focus (Lehigh Valley, PA)

Bucks County Disc Golf Alliance
http://www.bcdga.com
Site for the BCDGA, the club that maintains the course and runs events at Tyler State Park
Local Focus (Newton, PA)

standard social media. Twitter, facebook, ect.
The Marshallstreet and Discgolfoutfitters newsletters
a tiny bit from Talkdg.
occasionally I go to the Maryland disc golf site.

I think I have been to discgolfscene 3 times in my life.

DGCR 99% Other sites: DGR, Nikko, Disc Golf U, etc 1%.

Regional sites: SSP and SWFDGA. Although they hardly use their websites anymore, and mostly post up on their Facebook Group pages.

Although they hardly use their websites anymore, and mostly post up on their Facebook Group pages.

Yep. I was a Facebook holdout/Luddite until I started realizing the Facebook was the quickest and sometimes only way to get information about local DG activities, from unsanctioned tournaments to logistical updates (like time changes) of weeklies.

DGR, Twitter, FB pages and groups, various dealer & public newsletters from manufacturers and retailers, manufacturer sites, /b/, Discgolfsweden, PDGA, texts to booter and pablo, and a slew of google alerts.

Sites other than this? None. I go to shops and courses for my news if I don't get it here.

I'm just gonna put in a plug for the site I write for, Rattling Chains. We are trying to bring journalism to disc golf with more features and in-depth articles, mixed in with first person perspectives, reviews, photos, etc. If you are so inclined, check it out in my sig.

Yep, I keep two windows open at all times. One with DGCR, one with nwdiscgolfnews.com. Two best disc golf related forums on the internet today.

I agree, but nwdiscgolfnews isn't really useful to anyone outside of the NW. While we use it frequently, I can see why others wouldn't agree that it is a great site

I agree, but nwdiscgolfnews isn't really useful to anyone outside of the NW. While we use it frequently, I can see why others wouldn't agree that it is a great site

True, but since I live in the northwest, it's very useful. That's what I have DGCR for, to keep up on all things disc golf throughout the rest of the country.

DGR, Twitter, FB pages and groups, various dealer & public newsletters from manufacturers and retailers, manufacturer sites, /b/, Discgolfsweden, PDGA, texts to booter and pablo, and a slew of google alerts.

:hfive: i am also a /b/tard

Latest posts