• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What snacks do you eat on the course?

You shouldn't eat on the course unless you are under par. Bad karma to eat while playing poorly. You must earn your chow.

But beer is good any time.

I always carry water, and drink quite a bit - at least a bottle even for a casual round.

For casual rounds I basically never carry food. For a tournament, I'll obviously need food sometime during the tournament, and probably do better with a bit of grazing rather than just one large meal in the middle.

So, for tournaments, I usually carry something like granola bars or Clif bars. And usually eat at least one. Sometimes I'll add gatorade or equivalent for tournaments, particularly in hot weather. I adored the Lemon Lake folks for spreading bananas around the course at the Homie this year.

Caffeine's important for me too, for tournaments. Definitely before the first round. Often after lunch. Sometimes I've even gone the sugary-caffeine route with a Mountain Dew or something after lunch. Though I usually try to avoid such things.

So, not much for casual snacking. More for fuel.

I'll eat a hoagie and get some caffeine in me between rounds if I am playing multiple courses or at a tournament. If I am just playing a casual round I can hold off on eating until after the round, I am not that fat:)

yea...it's pretty awesome...i don't really care for duck any other way....i plan on putting some in my secret santa package!!! :)

when im out playing i always have at least one bottle of water and a gatorade or powerade. No snack foods for caual rounds, but always something like a clif or gronola or something that is quite to eat so i dont disturb the rest of the group

pocket-shot1m.jpg

and beer.

red stripe and beer cashews are my GO TO snack / beverage
250px-Red_Stripe_2012.JPG

7430196611p

sometimes jalapeno cheddar chex mix
chex-mix-snack-jalapeno-12263.jpg

and sometimes pizza combos
combos.jpg

Peppered beef jerky

Ranch or nacho cheese sunflower seeds

Peanut m&m's

Sour lifesavers gummies - reds

Strawberry sour belts

Peanut butter snickers

Or whatever else I'm feeling on a certain day. I'm a candy whore

White Chocolate Macadamia Cliff bars
Mello Yello Zero
Whatever new flavor of chips came out
Cherry Pull n Peel Twizzlers
Some times some Angry Orchard but I like to concentrate on my game

Beer of course. I put together a trail mix, wheat chex, m&m's, salted peanuts and cashews, dried fruit (cranberries, golden raisins, blueberries, currents) sunflower seeds.

Latest posts