• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What to mark discs with / good karma

What size and shape did you pick? Handle or no? I'm looking at their site now and I only see square/rectangular custom stamps. I was thinking something like a 3" round, but the rounds don't seem to go that big.

Just because the stamp is square doesn't mean the image has to be...

I jigsawed the corners off so I could get the stamp right against the edge of the rim if I needed to.

Handle or no, it's your preference.

I was thinking shape only for trying to get close to the rim. Hadn't thought of cutting...
Handle was whether it was easier to apply pressure with or without.

Handle was whether it was easier to apply pressure with or without.

Doesn't take to much pressure to transfer. I like to carry mine in the bag to stamp new discs immediately at the course or a friend's disc while they're not looking, so no handle is better for me.

Thanks for the idea F. Howl!

EhtJw0a.jpg

That's pretty cool...and to think all I do is draw stupid faces and poems on my discs.

I hate (yet embrace IRL) my handwriting. I'd rather lose a disc than constantly look at something visually unappealing, odd I know. Also feel/felt if I can't find a disc after a very thorough search it's fair to "PIF" to whomever is lucky enough to find my abandoned friend. Haven't actually stamped a disc yet but maybe something like this would return lost discs to me while being tolerable to my unique beliefs? Idk.

If not, well, I get my lulz.

Yes if playing a tournament I do some small unique identifier to abide by the rules.

Doesn't take to much pressure to transfer. I like to carry mine in the bag to stamp new discs immediately at the course or a friend's disc while they're not looking, so no handle is better for me.

Really cool!
What kind of ink do you use?
Is it permanent?
Where did you get the ink and pad?

I've been marking the rim of my disc so the ink doesn't show through the disc (especially on Champion/Lucid/etc plastics), but I know some of mine have been found and not returned. I'm thinking about inking the bottom again so that finders can easily see my information - I'm hoping that will get more back to me. I liked inking the inside rim as it gave the disc a cleaner look along with not showing through; but I'd rather the finder see the information and contact me.

I've been marking the rim of my disc so the ink doesn't show through the disc (especially on Champion/Lucid/etc plastics), but I know some of mine have been found and not returned. I'm thinking about inking the bottom again so that finders can easily see my information - I'm hoping that will get more back to me. I liked inking the inside rim as it gave the disc a cleaner look along with not showing through; but I'd rather the finder see the information and contact me.

I predict that your returned disc percentage will increase by .0029% by inking the flight plate instead of the rim.

Really cool!
What kind of ink do you use?
Is it permanent?
Where did you get the ink and pad?

StazOn ink and yes, it's permanent (I've had some trouble with Jawbreaker, but on Z and ESP (Champ and Star) it will last as long as the hot stamp. Just make sure you fully clean the surface (I wipe it down with acetone).

The pads can be found at arts and crafts stores. I bought mine from the company that did my stamp, Rubberstamps.com.

The pads can be found at arts and crafts stores. I bought mine from the company that did my stamp, Rubberstamps.com.

Pad can also be found in any office supply store as well. It pretty common item in engineering offices to stamp drawings.

But the last decade we moved more to electronic stamping but many code reviews still require hard copies with a wet stamp.

I use a Sharpie and mark the underside in big letters, close to the center where my fingers dont touch too much. I keep all of my discs so having a clear Leopard with visible scribblings is no big deal. I find that the more grippy base plastics have to be gone over every couple weeks but something like a Z plastic seems to be good with one application. One of our locals Sharpies a huge wide "X" completely across the bottom as well as his phone number. Ugly, but effective.

I predict that your returned disc percentage will increase by .0029% by inking the flight plate instead of the rim.

I predict that if you write "Return for $5" on the disc your return percentage will increase dramatically. :D

StazOn ink and yes, it's permanent (I've had some trouble with Jawbreaker, but on Z and ESP (Champ and Star) it will last as long as the hot stamp. Just make sure you fully clean the surface (I wipe it down with acetone).

I ordered mine!
I went through Rubberstamps.NET. They have way more size options and I think they were a little cheaper.
The only beef I had was that they have free shipping on orders over $30 and the stamp and ink pad I wanted came to $29.90. I ended up getting the next bigger stamp size to get the free shipping.
I'll post a photo when I get it.

Latest posts