• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What was the first course you ever played?

Circle R, Wimberley TX. i had never played disc golf, but a couple of my bandmates had gone off the deep end with this place. when i finally went with them, i took their advice on the $60 annual membership before we threw a single disc. fast-forward to me graduating college and becoming the local course bum. i went on to work at Circle R for almost 2 years. hundreds of rounds, i know that place like the back of my hand. even designed the course map and tee signs from memory.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=664

University Of Central Florida in Orlando Florida. Probably not good for beginners because half of the holes are 450 footers next to a busy 4 lane road. :thmbdown:

I moved to California in December of 1999. Sometime in March 2000 I met some people and they took me to the local course.
I had no idea what I was doing, and looking back, neither did they.
I knew nothing about disc golf, nor the history of the game or the course, and it wasn't until about seven years later that I actually started playing the game.

That course is Oak Grove in Pasadena and it's still my "home" course.

I stumbled across a Chevron gas station that was selling discs, I had some time to kill and was told the course was only a mile back. So I purchased a Polecat, Viking and a Cro and hit up Dexter Park.

Charlie Vettiner in Louisville, Kentucky. A buddy of mine had 3 disc and we each threw only 1. Not beginner friendly but its now my home course and is my measuring stick for all others that I play. Plus I do a Tuesday night league event every week now. So yup the course kicked/kicks my tail and I keep going back for more.

Same as OP, West Park in Joliet IL 1979.

First course for me was Ellison park, in Rochester, NY. I think IUP College Lodge was my first out of state road trip.

Latest posts