• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What was the first course you ever played?

Burke Lake in Virginia. Took my daughter there for the train and carousel and discovered the course with a lid. Year later played my first PDGA tournament there (an A tier) and lost in a playoff for 1st in Pro Grand Master (wish I still had those initial skills). Course was also Mike Moser's home course.

Ten years ago I played Mazerick park in Fayettville North Carolina.

my first course played was Brewer Park In Grand Rapids Michigan. Original Layout was wooden posts back then not the baskets. baskets came later. Of course this was back around 1979 or before that year. lived about 1.5 miles from course so would ride my bike up there to play. started playing with just a frisbee until i could get my parents to buy me a golf disc to play the course with.

Sedgely Woods @ Fairmount Park in Philly. Great 1st day. +20 after one of the shortest 18s out there:)

Riverview DGC, North Augusta SC

The first course i ever played was Riverview DGC in North Augusta SC. Its a pretty tough course to learn on but it made me a better player. Its an awesome course to play whenever you want and has some great holes. Alot of tounaments are held there, as a matter of fact if anyones around North Augusta or Augusta Sept. 15-16 were having the Augusta Classic. Should be a great turnout.

I've got one that none of you foolios will ever play. Peabody Park, Appleton; had two distinct object courses that I started on. I once brought in 20 baskets and threw a temp course tourney there; playing both of those layouts, as well as a final nine. A few of the best/most dangerous river shots ever; on that layout. I still play the object course at least once a year there.

Latest posts