• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What was the first disc golf disc that you threw?

DX Valk, which I lost. So that night I bought my first disc, a Beast, in addition to the replacement Valkyrie.

The Shark: That was the only disc I carried for the first six months I played - and yes my first throw was on a disc golf course. I tried out Rotary Park in Huntington, West Virginia after Ultimate season was over. I still keep the Shark mold in my bag in some form or another. After throwing it 10,000 times or so, It's gotten to be a bit more reliable!

DX Leopard. I don't remember how far it went, but my first throw was at Bethany Lakes in Allen, Tx. I still have it too which is kinda lucky as many as I lost early on. It hit a moving car (accidentally) a few months later and now if I need a for sure-fire left-anny turner this is the disc to use. It will not fade right no matter how I try to throw it.

My friend had invited me to Brandywine, DE to play "frisbee golf" ten years ago. I brought my 114g beach frisbee. They all laughed at me until they saw I was the only one who could throw straight.

I found my first real disc while lost in the weeds. It was a DX first run bar stamp Valkyrie. It flew well for me for the rest of the round. Still have it.

That night I bought a putter at the store, a DX bar stamp Birdie.

Then I didn't play another round for ten years and picked it back up serious in 2014. :doh:

First round i played was at new quarter park. My buddy who convinced me to go had a long standing tradition that when a noob came out he would buy them a a disc. Mine was a shark. I also rented a boss and a dart, so im not sure what a threw first.

probably the dx shark

still have it. .

Somewhat concurrent point, i actually really hated disc originally. I have a rough time with games/sports where luck plays a large roll. i remember a couple unfortunate rolls (dela like) and hated one hole that i felt was unfair.

I still dont like the luck factor in games (poker especially) but i have gotten over most of it in disc. I have a hard time with that hole still. There is no discernible fairway. just a huck it and pray hole. unfair

First ever was a borrowed Gremlin my cousin let me play with.

First ones I owned were a Groove, Roc and Aviar given to me by a friend.

It was a Wham-o. It came as part of the set that included a Turnover, Midrange, and Putter. Not sure which one I threw first but it was definitely on a course.

DX Archangel. My friend took me to an open field and he showed me how to throw the disc. Looking back, I was sidearming that disc like a pro. I'm starting to get that fling back with loads of practice and one meat hook, aka Firebird.

Champion Valkyrie that somebody loaned me. I'm sure it went about 100'. He isn't a serious player, but I thought he was a regular. So I was pretty happy that my shots were just about as good as his. Then I went to a real course, made friends with real players, and realized just how terrible I am at this game.

175g, Yellow, DX Aviar. Still have it but never throw it. Of the three disc set that my wife got me started with, it's the only one that I didn't lose.

I remember throwing it in the front yard, across the driveway, and into the woods, with it hyzering out as should be expected from a total noob. It didn't fly anything like my Whamo Frisbee. :p

I went with a friend who had discs from the 90's and hadn't played in almost 20 years. The first disc I threw was a 195 gram innova jaguar, I've never seen another one, or met anyone who had one.

My first throw was with an Aviar XD at Albert-Oakland. It went about 50'; great big 'ol noob hyzer short and way to the left of the big tree you throw to the right of. On either my second or third shot I ended up in the road. Then I missed three or four putts. I think I took a circle nine on a 200'ish hole. It wasn't my worst hole of the day. :(