• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What was your first driver ever?

172 DX Valk
Well seasoned then gifted to my little bro so he'd be ready for recreation once he started law school
(ya know, since he'll have so much free time and all)

175 Champ Orc dyed with an American flag.

It was actually a DX Valkyrie but I tacod that thing so quickly in my alcohol infused noobness that I hate to count it. My first driver when I got serious was a 175 star TeeRex that I thought was going to go really straight and far like the pretty chart indicated, nobody told me you had to be a he-man veteran to get it to fly right. Still have it though, now I don't throw it because it's too flippy, my I've come a long way in my 2 years.

In 1984 there weren't any "drivers". I bought an Aviar at a tournament and got hooked. Next was an XD, almost a driver. Then a Lightning, the only one they made. I guess it was the P-40. Beveled edge, super stiff. Ha there it is, my first real driver!

Lightning P-38, stiff as a board, about the same vintage as yours.

My first disc was a max weight DX Roc and my first driver was a heavy DX eagle. I feel so stupid that I have neither now. Also seems ironic that I now throw all Discraft.

DX Eagle...I don't remember the weight. To be honest, at that time, I thought they just put some random number on the bottom for inventory purposes lol. I didn't know that was actually the weight of the disc.

My first driver was a DX Archangel. I lost it in the pond at yellow creek. I'm planning on buying a new one...I want to see if it is what I think it is. I also lost my first midrange (stratus) in the same pond I believe....or I lost it at olde english. I still have my 1st putter - dx rhyno!

DX Valk that I found while my bro-in-law introduced me to DG. I found my first three discs. I have since lost it but it was so beat up anyway that I didnt care.

DX Leopard from a starter pack. Lost into an overgrown area next to a soccer field that I was practicing in.

My first driver was a green champ valk that was given to me the first time i went to a course. I later lost it in a ditch and bought my first driver, an orange dx wraith.

When I finally graduated from a lid, I walked into the sporting goods store and asked what flew the farthest. I walked out with a max weight DX Eagle. Five of my friends all got discs too. Couple of months later I bought a bag and every different KC Pro disc they had. Whatta noob I was !