• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What was your first ever disc? Do you still have it or throw it?

I bought two discs when I first started a KC Pro Teebird & a KC Pro Banshee - Didn't comprehend the need for a putter at the time! Still use the Teebird at times and my son carries the Banshee. I've lost the Banshee twice on water holes (first time for over a year and I found it downstream) but got it back each time. Teebirds & Banshees are still two of my favorites.

picture.php

picture.php

My first disc was a yellow 175g innova cobra. It was from the first time I ever went out to play in 1995 and it ended up being one of the "biggest disc golf weekend" events. I still have it and it is still totally a part of my bag. I'll get a picture of it up here when I'm not at work.

DX Leopard, although I didn't actually know what is was until much later because it has a stamp that says "2 stroke" that I have still never seen on another disc. I do still have it, but don't throw it because I don't want to lose it. Also it has a few huge gouges in it since I learned to play in North Carolina, where even if you manage to avoid the trees you will still be landing on rocky ground.

My first discs were a dx shark, a birdie, and a pro leopard. The shark and leopard are still in the bag.

My first ever disc was a Orange Barstamp Z Crush that i loved it, it was great Backhand or Flick.

DX Stingray, My daughter threw it in a lake. I bought it at PIAS and was saying, This sport is cheap!

That was thousands of dollars ago

Wham-O 133 gram Super Pro

Yeah, I know, I'm an old fart. If you didn't have a Midnight flyer, this was one of the the discs to have. I had it all the way up til the mid 90's when it was borrowed for the Va States Super Pro Chug. I never saw it again after the contest. :mad:

These were the first three I bought over two years ago. I lost the Valk a month ago, and retired the Roc because it's so beat. The Aviar I still putt with to this day.

PAbm3.jpg

A yellow/orange champ Banshee and a Sonic putter. I still use the same banshee after a year and a half of playing and will go to any length to retrieve it. That has been put to the test several times including swimming to the edge of a waterfall and climbing 20ft into a drain pipe... The sonic is still around but cracked and useless...

DX Raven. I lost it years ago, though I often think that it would be fun to try and throw one again, just to see what it would be like now.

A buddy introduced me to the sport and gave me a gazelle and a magnet in '99. After my first round, which was at hambrick(then called hoover) I bought a Polaris JLS and a teebird. Lost em all but the magnet.

Yeah, I know, I'm an old fart. If you didn't have a Midnight flyer, this was one of the the discs to have. I had it all the way up til the mid 90's when it was borrowed for the Va States Super Pro Chug. I never saw it again after the contest. :mad:

Yeah! Super Pros, Black Masters, 165g and 141g World Class Frisbees. Thats what we used back in the day, before the invention of golf discs!:thmbup:

My Mom got me into the sport when she got me a 3 disc set on clearance sale at Wal-Mart. Original Frisbee brand discs. Soft and waxier than DX, Blue long driver, orange mid, and white putter. At first, the driver and mid both threw the same-hard hook left. Now, all I have left of it is the driver. I no longer throw it because I want to keep it, and it is way understable. One of the best gift's I've gotten, and I still play with my mom regularly.

my 1st disc was probly the worst disc for a beginner - champ monster. i soon traded it but still carry a super beat champ monster in my bag, love it for big hyzers and windy conditions

DX cheetah and a birdie putter. My brother lost the cheetah while we were playing Whistler BC and I got rid of that birdie a long time ago.