• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What was your first ever disc? Do you still have it or throw it?

My first 3 discs where a DX XD, DX Coyote, and a DX Cobra. The XD and Coyote ended up being sold to a friend and he still uses both.

The Cobra I borrowed to a coworker that was just starting at the same time I did and he wanted to try throwing it. Came down to my office after the weekend and gave me a new DX Cobra because he lost the one I had loaned out. Oh well, the one he gave me is now on the wall as it was my first ace disc.

My first three discs are a DX Leopard, Shark and Aviar. The only one I still have is the Shark. It has been retired for 4+ years.

DX Aviar P&A

White DX Aviar P&A. Still have it after 5+ years. It is perfectly beat so I let me guests use it, but I really never throw it anymore.

My very first disc was a dx valk, followed closely by a dx aviar. The aviar has an ace on it so it's retired, the valk is in a bin in the basement somewhere.

The first DG disc I ever bought was the chains aviar I bought 16 years ago and still have in my bag, but the first disc given to me for my first proper round of disc golf was a viper and I used it for everything. Not the best to learn with, but once I incorporated the aviar with the viper it was all gravy! I wish I still had that viper, I lost it 12+ years ago. It was black with a rainbow stamp, hot shizzel.
Biz

got my first three all at the same time .. DX Aviar, DX Shark, DX Sidewinder .. still have the Sidewinder.. might be able to get the shark but would require a nice pair of goggles

elite Z MRV. the old stamp with just the one tiny line of text. still have it, big chunk taken out of it, don't throw it. trying to find other discraft with that old-old Z stamp.

When I started playing I made the classic noob mistake of buying a disc just because it looked cool. My first disc was an elite x Reaper. I still have it but I'll never throw again because I kick myself if I ever lost it!

Rainbow stamp DX beast... wish i still had it, accidentally sold it while selling a bunch of discs i barely used... a guy bought about 6 discs and accidentally put it in the stack instead of an old dx aviar... i wish i still had it.

Used Champ Beast was the first one I connected with. Threw it in a bog when I was in Illinois a couple years back, got a call about it a year later but told the guy to hold onto it. I had figured things out by then.

All of my first discs were donated by a buddy of mine who took me out for one of my first rounds. Pretty sure he also gave me an Aviar and a super beat DX Stingray. Still have that ray in my bag after all this time too.

Was is a red Beast lost at Fairfield park? If so I was the guy that called you.

I still have my first ever disc. XD from 1986...

FirstPutter.jpg

Recently retired.

I bought the Innova dx starter set with a 150 leo, shark and aviar. managed to lose all 3 in under a year.

My first ever disc was a Valkyrie, which (as of yesterday on summer hole #12) is fish food in the White River. The throw looked nice. Started out left and banked right through the trees towards the chains. It must have took a big skip because that was the last I saw of it. Sploosh. :(

I still have my first ever disc. XD from 1986...

FirstPutter.jpg

Recently retired.

^^^awesome!!! love me an XD and yours is bad ass!

my first was a 172 white dx leopard. gave it to a friend who liked it and as far as i know he still throws it. i sure wish i would have kept throwing that thing instead of moving on to a wraith the next week!

My first disks were a DX starter set that i bought from a yardsale for 25 cents a piece.I remember one of them being a gazell.all 3disks lasted about a month before i lost them.My first champion disk was a first run TL,you know the ones with the swoosh stamp that said c.e.teebird.I wish I still had that one but unfortunately I threw that one in the water at lake winthrop the very first time I played the lakefront.It was on old hole16.That hole is now gone and so is that beautiful disc.

oldschool.jpg

3 of my first 4 discs. Lost a blue DX Valk 2 months in and replaced with the TL.

164g Pro TL
169g DX Roc
170g DX Aviar

Still have all 3. Upgraded to 170g ish Star TLs and switched over to Sharks and Glow Aviars.

I believe my first disc ever was my 11x Champ TeeBird and you bet I still throw it! Beat that thing in perfect, one of my better discs for sure.

Red DX Roc with a Green stamp. It is somewhere in the woods around my yard in Hickory.

Latest posts