• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What Was Your Most Dissapointing Plastic Purchase?

Krait. I was hoping for it to be an out of the box bomber, but I couldnt get any turn out of it when thrown flat. I threw the Selinski metal flakes, and a CFR and they were both pretty overstable

I guess that I'm the only one that finds a use for all of my discs.

I just pack specifically for the course that I am playing and they eventually all get used over the course of a year.

Dis craft glide. I was struggling with drivers and decided I needed to slow things down....... Never flew or glided worth a crap for me.

Decided over the summer I had to try MVP. Shock, Anode, Amp. Had both a first and second run shock. Liked the first run better, but still not as much as i thought I would. I raved about it when I first tried it. There is no longer any MVP in my bag. lost one shock, traded the other, the amp was traded two days after I had the piece of garbage. The anode stuck around the longest, but then I found wizards and it went away as well. MVP in general does not impress me at all. I have thrown other discs of theirs as well and as far as I am concerned their gyro tech is overhyped bs. The rims are uncomfortable, the plastic has crappy grip, just not for me.

I am verry disappointed with the innova valkyrie and viking.
They both just do a corkscrew into a roller. I want to like them I have tried the valk in star champ pro and they all do the same thing. The viking I can get to fly but it just wants to be a roller.

Also I dont like the spider just cause it is not torque resistant so it flys like a -1,+1 instead of a 0,+1. If it was torque resistant it would be a excellent straight midrange.

They both just do a corkscrew into a roller. I want to like them I have tried the valk in star champ pro and they all do the same thing. The viking I can get to fly but it just wants to be a roller.

Also I dont like the spider just cause it is not torque resistant so it flys like a -1,+1 instead of a 0,+1. If it was torque resistant it would be a excellent straight midrange.

Thats weird with the viking. What plastic were you throwing? I threw the champ vikings for awhile and they flew nice and stable with a fade at the end

I'd have to go with all of the MVP line-up with the exception to the Ion. I have purchased every new MVP(except the Servo) and didn't like a single one. The Volt was to OS, The Shock wasn't stable enough, The amp was a shorter Sidewinder, The Axis is too touchy, The vector never found a spot in my bag, The tensor wasn't stable enough,the tangent wasn't US enough for me, and the Resistor didn't have a place either. I love the Ion, its been my main putter for a while now. Just can't get a feeling for the rest.

Dont know why i keep buying them, at least you guys will buy them from me when i don't like the disc.

Edit: never have tossed an Anode. No reason for me to start messing around with new putters

Wow, I have never had this problem with any of my Valkyries. I can make them roll when i want them too, but with good clean form, which Valkyries are the reason i have, they are by far my best flying disc. I just got a brand new viking for christmas, faf and am really hoping it is a little more stable compliment to my valks.

I often avoid buying the hype stuff because they seldom deliver. For some reason I did get a D1 and D4, and both were very overstable. D1 should be like that, but having the D4 fly almost identical to the D1 was a total bummer. I have a medium arm yet even at 100% the D4 didn't really want to go straight. Also, the labelling maze was horrible, not sure if they said proto or first run in them or what they actually were in the end. D4 was way off, that's all I know.

TD also failed for me. No turn whatsoever. TD2 turned out (yes pun) to be the straight out of the box turning driver. Don't bag it anymore but at least it made sense.

Most of the prodigy issues people are having can be attributed to excessive flashing. Even the people who remove it generally don't do it well enough. The inner rim of the disc should be rounded, you really have to go hard with the sandpaper (or your method of choice)

My first Pro Destroyer flipped harder than my seasoned Roadrunner.

I eventually got a good one, but I'm never going to forget that experience. It's one reason I throw Quasars and not Destroyers. I've never had to search for a good Quasar. Go figure, since Innova makes both molds.

I too am surprised. Especially about the Vikings. When i started turning my Valks a little too much (not rolling them), I started buying up Champion Vikings and haven't looked back.

It's still my go to driver.

Wow, I have never had this problem with any of my Valkyries. I can make them roll when i want them too, but with good clean form, which Valkyries are the reason i have, they are by far my best flying disc. I just got a brand new viking for christmas, faf and am really hoping it is a little more stable compliment to my valks.

They should be a very nice compliment to your Valks. I have absolutely loved my Vikings and am terrified that Innova will stop making them at some point....

The Illusion is way up there. It's super overstable unless there's 1mph too much headwind in which case it flips and never comes back.

The Hybrid was pretty disappointing, too. Combining a Blaze and a Blaze doesn't make it a hybrid.

I bought a D Avenger that had almost no glide. It was significantly shorter than my Spirits (which is weird for it not being any better in the wind) and just got more squirrley as it beat up, but not any longer (not that I gave it much of a chance.) They faded so early they weren't really good for hyzers (they'd always end up short), either.

TD also failed for me. No turn whatsoever. TD2 turned out (yes pun) to be the straight out of the box turning driver. Don't bag it anymore but at least it made sense.

I was disappointed to the TD too. Got a max weight gummy C-TD and it flew much more stable than I expected. TD2 wasn't a good buy either. -4 for turn sounded great for me, but it just wasn't as understable I expected it to be. I also hated the shallow, 2.1 cm rim. In the shop I couldn't decide between the Fever and Roadrunner but after 15 minutes of thinking I apparently still picked the wrong one..

My first Pro Destroyer flipped harder than my seasoned Roadrunner.

I got a Pro Vulcan like that but turned it into a right-turning roller by throwing it moderately high and way left of the basket (like 9:45), landing it about 275-300' out (around 11 o'clock), then finishing with another 30' forward and 50' right of the landing spot. It's perfect for those baskets placed 25-35' behind a wall of trees as they tend to stick them left of center as a general rule.

I love the look on peoples faces when they assume it's a crash and burn but ends up winding around the pole like a snake after its prey.