• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What Was Your Most Dissapointing Plastic Purchase?

arodsteezy

Par Member
THIS IS PERSONAL EXPERIENCES, so no arguments please. Such as "no way this disc isn't understable" or "You ****ing bitch, you're a clueless mother****ing cocksucker"

So what I'm looking for are discs you thought would be good for a specific shot but weren't, discs that do not fly according to flight numbers, or discs that don't live up to hype.

The king when it was first released... LOL

Those flight numbers were made up and didnt match real flight at all.

Destroyer. Flippy pos and I don't have the time or desire to wade through all the crap about discs marked this or that with the Vulcan top or whatever. First and only destroyer. I tend to avoid innova because of experiences like this.

M4. didn't really like it. couldn't replace my fuse, also couldn't do anything my fuse couldn't do. after all the raves about it, i was let down.

PA4, however, was a different story. fun disc in both plastics.

my recent destroyer purchases have also been disappointing - way more overstable than i anticipated. i picked out a set of flat-top pink ones with a low PLH and they bomb, flip up and over from hyzer if you want. easiest, lowest 400' feet ever. i use them in the woods because they are so controllable.

so i went and compared a couple destroyers to them in the store, picked out one that wasn't TOO much higher.

turns out it's just pure beef. lame.

Ti Nuke. My somewhat worn Z nuke was a great s curve driver (back when i could throw with my dominant hand and boots weren't holding me back) and the Ti flew almost identical to my Nuke OS, which was a huge disappointment. Needless to say i no longer bag a Ti Nuke.

I bought a Blizzard Destroyer awhile back & it was a disappointment. I got one that was pretty flat. When I tossed it it would turnover & roll. It would roll even when I'd throw it on a ridiculous hyzer. I foundout soon after I purchased it that the domey Blizzard discs are less understable but I still dont like Blizzard plastic. Even after getting domey Blizzard discs I still don't like Blizzard plastic & I don't carry any in my bag. I was also disipointed because I like Destroyers & I still throw them but only in Star plastic.

Last edited:
Way back when I tried a Firebird. It was one of those CE Gummy plastic Firebirds. Everyone raved about how good of a disc it was,but it just didn't suit me at all. I just never liked it.

My Predators were much better. I would tell people this and they would get mad about it. It was funny. lol

Saint Pro, and most MVP discs I've tried (with the exception of the Amp). I don't know why I thought I'd love the Saint Pro...and I found a killer dye on one. Hated the disc.

MVP...meh. Shock, Tangent, Ion, Axis, Anode...couldn't fall in love with them. I do still want to try a Volt, though...even though I'm pretty sure it'll end up as trade bait.

Underworld. 174 GL

I thought id be able to get easier turn than with a leopard. It's so flippy, my wife now uses it and gets a good turn.

Tie between a TD2 and Coyote. Both Star plastic. The TD2 was OK it just didn't turn as much as I expected. More like -2, 2 plus the shallow rim. The Coyote just sucked in Star plastic, was slick, domey and flippy. Junk. I never buy Star plastic for mids ever again.

It didn't take me long to dump both.

I got an MVP Volt to try out their plastic. Figured it would be a decent hyzer-flip disc. Roller city. Took about three days to give up trying to power it down enough. Became a junk disc and is now somewhere in a lake.

A couple months later I was looking for a stable fairway and got an MVP Shock. Flippier than the Volt. Gave it away, and last I heard it's that guy's water disc too.

Do you think this was a fluke? I have a volt and shock on the way, and after watching Mike C's videos (who has a much stronger arm than me), they both appear to be what their flight numbers show. Hoping these are not like yours...

Edit: woo 100th post

Blizzard drivers. Bought a Boss, a Katana, and a Destroyer, all bubble plated. All flew like crap. Waste of time.

Blizzard Pigs, however, own. Hard.

Someone told me the First Run Shocks were not as anticipated, and subsequent runs actually were stable, so I may have had one of the early versions. Don't know about the Volt. I don't have Mike's arm, but I've got plenty of power to know how stuff should fly. Aside from the flight, though, I had trouble getting used to the curvature between the rim and underside of the flightplate. Some discs aren't for me... they might be right for you.

I'm planning on them being a bit more stable than they are for mike, since my River covers anything from straight hyzerflips to turnovers.

I bought a Prodigy M3 Proto, which is actually a M2. So it was far more stable than I was expecting.

Saint Pro, and most MVP discs I've tried (with the exception of the Amp). I don't know why I thought I'd love the Saint Pro...and I found a killer dye on one. Hated the disc.

MVP...meh. Shock, Tangent, Ion, Axis, Anode...couldn't fall in love with them. I do still want to try a Volt, though...even though I'm pretty sure it'll end up as trade bait.
:thmbup: for being one of the only people to dismiss MVP discs. I am not an MVP hater but I really get sick of how much people fap over them. I have an Ion and Tangent and I love my Tangie but I can't stand when someone here says "recommend me a Discraft disc!" and then receives "buy MVP, you'll thank me later /thread" which has happened VERY much on this forum.

What's right for some may not be right for all :)

anything blizzard is trash. bought a krait that had more beef than a flat 12xfirebird max weight. destroyer would flip like it was a 4/10 katana. so unpredictable and a paper plate in the wind.

zombee-filling a spot between stalker and buzz that honestly really doesnt need to be filled.

pro saint- shoulda kept it a speed 9 like the regular saint. the speed 8 is between a firebird and a max weight ti stalker that i both have in my bag and would be worthless to have a pro saint. i bought two at first too cuz i was so sure i wanted to bag them being as my saint is my go to straight d driver.

other honorable mentions- TD-not a turning driver out of the box. comet-way to glidey for its own damm good.

For me it was the FR shock (extremely flippy), MVP volt (not stable enough, though a decent disc) and MVP tensor (not OS at all). Honorable mention, Havoc. Again more understable than expected. Most recently, DX shark. New DX is such F'n garbage and the San Marino mold is not nearly as good as Ontario.

For me it was the FR shock (extremely flippy), MVP volt (not stable enough, though a decent disc) and MVP tensor (not OS at all). Honorable mention, Havoc. Again more understable than expected. Most recently, DX shark. New DX is such F'n garbage and the San Marino mold is not nearly as good as Ontario.

oh you reminded me pro d buzz is hose**** plastic. 3 tree hits and you just threw away $8. looked like a senior citizen disc in no time. my rim turned all wavy, had the clover leaf top, and puddle top as well. ill never buy discrafts d plastic again. think i had mine under 2 months before it was unflyable.

but dont get me wrong all my mids are discraft z mids so i have nothing against discraft