• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What Was Your Most Dissapointing Plastic Purchase?

I've had plenty, but the biggest had to be the Volt. Was really excited to try out the first high(er) speed offering from the bros at MVP, but it was absolutely meh at best. It really tempered my expectation and I haven't since touched any high speed disc from MVP other than the Amp (which also was meh).

The disc on my profile (candy pro Archangel) was supposed to fill my fairway understable slot in my vintage bag (04 and earlier) since my DX AA's flip after one or two good whacks on a tree trunk but the candy pro AA ended up being OS and flying pretty much like a Teebird.

However, the good news is that I shouldn't have to buy another DX Teebird with a bar stamp or *horror scream* earlier because they are getting hard to find and expensive. I was lucky enough to score a new DX bar stamp TB 149g for $5.24 plus shipping a couple of weeeks ago but deals like that are getting rare.

That Archangel is looking sexier all the time.

FR Shock. It's more Ampy than my Amp, but only when I don't expect it to be.
Heavy Condor. Does everything a putter can do, only worse.
Soft X Challenger. Plastic so gooey soft I spread it on a piece of bread and ate it last summer.
155g Esp Nuke. Flight plate was warped so I followed the instructions on the front and it melted in the microwave.

L64 GL Mace/Westside TP Stag.

Both a lot flippier than the flight numbers imply. I find that L64/Westside's numbers aren't very reliable in general.

M3 and M4 - they felt bulky making depth and accuracy tough to manage. Nothing my buzz couldn't handle much cleaner.

Glad I am not the only one who cant throw MVP. I thought all DGCRers loved MVP:D !

I love the the looks, colors, and plastic of their product. They even feel good in the hand, I just don't have the power to get them flying right.

The Anode is the only MVP I use, I can use it as a putter-approach disc. I am thinking about picking up a 175 to try out ( my current is a 167).

The reality of this thread is that disc flight is not automatic, you either learn the disc or you dont...you can throw said disc or you cant.

I am not at the level where I can throw plastic and determine that the manufacturer lied about their product! Guess if I stick around here long enough I can be an internet pro too! :thmbup:

Ti Stalker. Flew like a speed 7 Predator. I did not and do not need a speed 7 predator. Flew nothing like ESP or Z Stalkers. Total waste of money.

D3 was overstable as all get out. I removed the flashing and it was still flying like a D1 (makes me think that it was a misprint or something because it will not hold an anhyzer and I can reach 420' with my destroyers)

Undertow - got fooled by someone who was selling theirs saying it flew like a slightly worn eagle and it was flippy as all get out. Should've done my research

Dominator - Doesn't fly any where close to its flight ratings. It was very unpredictable and flippy

Z Nebula - Absolutely no grip in the plastic and it slipped out of my hand all the time before I got so frustrated with it that I moved to the M1. It also can't handle forehand at all which is really strange. Overstable backhand yet it flips when you forehand it (and I know that it's not my technique thanks to the wonder of video review)

Wolf - I formally used it as my short turnover disc but it just is too unpredictable that I had to take it out. Slight tailwinds and it wouldn't flip at all

Skeeter - Was one of my first disc purchases...never again!

Latest posts