• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What Was Your Most Dissapointing Plastic Purchase?

My first Pro Destroyer flipped harder than my seasoned Roadrunner.

I eventually got a good one, but I'm never going to forget that experience. It's one reason I throw Quasars and not Destroyers. I've never had to search for a good Quasar. Go figure, since Innova makes both molds.

The other Destroyers should not be judged by Pro. Even my noobie little arm can throw them in Pro. I bought a 175 Star after my experience with Pro to be my head wind driver, and it was too overstable for even that use. Nukes are similar in that I can actually turn an X Nuke some. Z might as well be a Stilleto for me.

Lol. My friend got the EMSCO starter set for a Christmas present. I can't even understand how that kind of **** can be found here in Finland. Every other starter kit out there would be great.. Well, luckily not my present but I feel a bit bad for him.

Stag, Underworld, and Cro

The Stag's numbers are wayyyy off (it's like a JLS), the Underworld is like Kite flippy, and the Cro is just a glideless small diameter mid.

XCaliber for me. Bought it hoping for a headwind driver and found that it flew the same as a destroyer for me. Whenever I threw it it never flew like I had intended it to. On top of the fact the rim felt terrible.

Stag, Underworld, and Cro

The Stag's numbers are wayyyy off (it's like a JLS), the Underworld is like Kite flippy, and the Cro is just a glideless small diameter mid.

I came in here to post the Stag. I waited until midnight and bought one because of the numbers. BIG disappointment.
Same with the Shock, but I never actually threw it, just sold it after people started reporting.
:\

Just today I found my Evo Wizard stuffed, bent, and warped into my small mailbox at my apartment. They have always left them in the larger boxes and just put the keys in our small box. That, or they give it to management and we sign for it. Seeing as it is cold, I could have broken the thing getting it out. I was so very pumped to get this disc. It still looks beautiful, rainbow-stamped and all, just warped. I am going to be spending all night playing doctor =(
Nothing is worse than paying for a disc, being excited, and finding out the mailman was too lazy to make sure your package was not broken.

I have had the same experience myself. The biggest irony was it was stamped DO NOT BEND right at the apex of the package. :thmbdown:
Since then I always put the message "Do not put package in mailbox" in the message box when I order, they often type it into the delivery address. I then put a note on my mailbox with a couple of days of when I expect it to arrive with the same wording. Knock on wood, it has worked so far. Good luck with the disc doctoring.

Neither the DD2 Frenzy nor the Quest AT Inferno did anything for me. Probably my fault, and not the disc's, though.

I have had the same experience myself. The biggest irony was it was stamped DO NOT BEND right at the apex of the package. :thmbdown:
Since then I always put the message "Do not put package in mailbox" in the message box when I order, they often type it into the delivery address. I then put a note on my mailbox with a couple of days of when I expect it to arrive with the same wording. Knock on wood, it has worked so far. Good luck with the disc doctoring.
I have never thought of putting something in the mailbox to keep them from this. Good idea perhaps. Thanks. Now I can just be lazy and not pick up my mail for a few days. :|

Prodigy F1 and F2. MVP mids too. They flew so far with that gyro that they were going as far as my fairway drivers.

Probably the Volt. Love the aesthetics and the feel of the Neutron plastic. Sadly, I managed to pick up two max wt. first run (from a local store on release day) and one flew like a fresh TL, and the other flew like a slower Star Sidewinder, and they both were terrible in the wind.

Second is a gummy QMS. Picked it up and went right out for a round. It flew like a brick. I guess they start out like that? Ain't no one got time for that...

Latest posts