• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What will be in Mcbeth's bag?

I'll be curious to see if there is a particular disc he likes even more than what he was filling that slot with on Innova. Instead of finding a second rate equivalent, he finds something that works even better for his particular style of throw?

Probably a Force. For most it's too OS, but McBeth always threw beefy Destroyers, so maybe he will like beefy Forces even more.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him liking the Surge. I can remember a clip with him & Sexton where McBeth was talking about how great the Wraith felt in his hand.

The Surge is such a highly underrated disc. I don't know why it isn't thrown by more people. I like it a lot better than any Wraith I've ever thrown. Just a smoother flight with less low speed fade.

If I had to throw only Discraft, the Surge would be a mainstay in the bag.

Anyone think McBeth will dabble around with the Flick at all? That's one mold that no other company has really duplicated.

Oh, if only my beloved Mantis would get some love. I know MJ rocks it, but I want some cool variants. Supposedly 2019 Ledgestone is going to have Swirly GLO Esp ones.

I love the mantis as well, but I feel it is better suited for someone with lower arm speed. Assuming McBeth will prefer a more overstable fairway driver.

I'll be curious to see if there is a particular disc he likes even more than what he was filling that slot with on Innova. Instead of finding a second rate equivalent, he finds something that works even better for his particular style of throw?

Zone is a superior disc to any of the low profile putters that fits that slot w/Innova or Discmania. He should actually make this one of his signature discs! Easily the best selling discraft disc next to the buzzz.

Zone is a superior disc to any of the low profile putters that fits that slot w/Innova or Discmania. He should actually make this one of his signature discs! Easily the best selling discraft disc next to the buzzz.

It will be interesting to see him and Ricky on the same card where Rick throws the Harp then Paul throws a Zone.

Zone is a great disc, but I have never seen him bag an over stable putter. Hopefully he doesn't start throwing one now because it would make for some boring golf to watch.... the rest of the field won't stand a chance against him. He would win everything.

I hope he starts throwing Hornets, they are more overstable than Wasps (for me the Wasps have too much overlap with the Buzzz) and more glidey than BuzzzOS. I would love to see Hornets back in production.

Zone is a great disc, but I have never seen him bag an over stable putter. Hopefully he doesn't start throwing one now because it would make for some boring golf to watch.... the rest of the field won't stand a chance against him. He would win everything.

He bagged the Aviar3 when it first came out and was liking the AviarX3 as well the 2nd half of the season.

I don't think he'll ever stop throwing those pure straight approach shots (most likely with a soft challenger) but methinks he gonna love the zone.

Both Innova and Discmania have been trying to come out with a comparable low profile putter and just haven't been able to nail it. Eagle McMahon would love to have a zone in his bag based upon his comments about the newest low profile putter molds being produced.

I agree 100%. It seems like Innova has been flirting with a Zone Clone for the past few years, but never quite made it there: Aviar3, AviarX3, Rat... They're all serviceable molds, but they don't match the greatness of the Zone.

But also, McBeast hasn't really thrown any of those very much (that I'm aware of). (?)
That slot doesn't really seem to fit his game. Heck, he doesn't really use a Gator or any of the faster counterparts to the Zone slot. (Again, that I'm aware of.)

So I'm not sure we'll necessarily get a McZone.

Outlaws, Enemy/Fighter, Mongoose, TeeBird3, Thunderbird, Pursuit/Recluse/Vandal, Ghost, whichever putter is closest to an Aviar.

He bagged the Aviar3 when it first came out and was liking the AviarX3 as well the 2nd half of the season.

I don't think he'll ever stop throwing those pure straight approach shots (most likely with a soft challenger) but methinks he gonna love the zone.

Both Innova and Discmania have been trying to come out with a comparable low profile putter and just haven't been able to nail it. Eagle McMahon would love to have a zone in his bag based upon his comments about the newest low profile putter molds being produced.

I was talking to a friend about this this morning. While he did switch to an aviar3/x3, it was usually only thrown in slightly windy conditions and flew a mostly straight path. And he was using P2's just fine before that. I don't think he'll bag a zone, but instead would bag a buzz OS, as that seems more similar to the Gator he had been bagging. Plus from a marketing standpoint, the zone is one of their best sellers, so I could see him bagging something else to increase sales of underperforming molds (not saying the Buzz OS isn't popular or underperforming).

It would be hilarious if they made an overmold putter to mimic the McNova.

I like how "Nova" is the last 4 letters of "Innova", so if we translate that to Discraft the new disc would be called the "Raft".

Maybe it will be a floating disc :D

Last edited:
So you're saying he should...Mcbeth?

Full circle. I'd /thread but that literally never works.

Cripes, if I could get my kid to McBeth I'd go nutz. No way. No interest, no time. On the other hand, he sings like a god and is in a music academy. That said, he likes classical and distains pop - where all the money is. Sigh.

Didn't he do a spot for the Rat? I don't really recall. But I agree, that ain't his disc.

Overstable discs

McSuperLong
McLong
McMedium
McShort
McMidrange
McApproach
McPutter

Understable discs

SuperLongBeth
LongBeth
MediumBeth
ShortBeth
MidrangeBeth
ApproachBeth
PuttBeth

Plastics -

Paul - super durable - think Champion
Hanna - durable and grippy - think Star
Dog - very grippy, wears in fast - think DX (Sorry, I don't know the name of their dog, okay, I don't care either.)

There's tons of smoke about it being discraft and none for anyone else. Several team members have basically confirmed it.

This is really awesome. It's hard to imagine a lot of Innova discs without his name on them. Maybe Barsby will get the destroyer, or it might go back to Avery Jenkins.

Latest posts