• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What will be in Mcbeth's bag?

Roach
Wasp
Drone
Impact
Cyclone
Stalker
Avenger SS
Venom
Force

He definitely was experimenting with things. He went from Firebird to Monster to FD3 to Sexton Firebird, etc., and never seemed to get comfortable. Ditto that for his OS throwing putter.. :popcorn:

He seemed to really settle into that Red Luster Firebird the last few months. He mentioned that he couldnt even practice that sidearm shot on hole 17 at USDGC because he didn't have a backup for it. I thought it was weird that he couldn't find a viable backup, maybe that was a subtle shot at consistency?

That is always the million dollar question that no one can ever answer.

Plastic Addicts Habit is the Zeppelin mold.

Yes, but I want Discraft to give it a full production in different plastics. I use the Pro-D Ace Race version but would love to try in different plastics.

The D I've felt lately has been a nice firm run. Rigid and tacky. Nothing I'd want for throwers.

The D I've felt lately has been a nice firm run. Rigid and tacky. Nothing I'd want for throwers.

I've switched to putting only with D Roaches for a little over a month and have 6 of them. All of them match your description and they've held up reasonably well so far. I like them a lot but also won't use them as throwers. Plus the price is right - with my DGC discount they're about $6 apiece.

Also digging the Roach in JB for a neutral thrower.

I just hope he throws a premium plastic banger gt so they start production again and i can get one for myself.

I really hope he bags a Zombee. Definitely one of my favorite under-appreciated discs out there.

This may be my favorite post of yours yet

Wasp in CT plastic, I hope.

Nah I see him bringing back the Wasp in ESP or X plastic if he were to play, the Pro D is now too flexible. Btw what is the CT plastic? Also If McBeth went to Discraft he could use DGA discs too and one I think he might try is the ProLine Titanic similar to a Magnet after all I have recently learned Paul used a Magnet as his putter which was the stiff version back in the 2000's and he loves the stiff Pro for his Putter from Innova so he might like the stiff ProLine putter as it is like a Magnet.

I just hope he throws a premium plastic banger gt so they start production again and i can get one for myself.

They Make the JB Bangor GT and if they made a Premium Bangor it would be the awful soft X that gives discs less glide and Paul would not want soft X, he likes stiff putters.

Does Discraft still offer only bunk base plastic?

Yes it is like a bad batch of Innova DX, but the plastic this year from what I have been told on this website got better but is still soft from the old stiff stuff made until the end of 2005. However it still works for putting as I had an older Pro D putter from the 2000's when it got softer for my longer Magnet Putter as the the other one I had my under 20 foot putts, was a pre 2006 model that was stiff. I never liked the Soft Magnet after Discraft made Pro D soft, the plastic was almost as soft when new as the stiffest of the Specal DGA Steady line of discs, the driver versions.