• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what will your local store NOT carry?

I have two local places i can buy discs.

- One only sells Innova and Discraft.
- The other sells EVERYTHING except Trilogy and some other european and fringe companies.

I support the shop that sells everything except Trilogy/euro stuff because I want to grow the sport in the USA by investing my money here. This will help keep production and jobs of molding discs here.

I'm not sure if the owner doesn't buy European discs for this reason.

Interesting. Buy American. I guess as much as you can, but what cell phone does he use? What brand of television does he have? What car does he drive? Etc... Even American cars have components from other countries. But I assume it's the price of the discs being an import, and the taxes that go with it. Our local pro shop only carries innova discs because they drive to the innova factory store and buy them direct. And I think discovering the world has more variety so they might take some of the business away.

Interesting. Buy American. I guess as much as you can, but what cell phone does he use? What brand of television does he have? What car does he drive? Etc... Even American cars have components from other countries.
I would venture that globalism is more evident in our sport than we might realize. Trilogy plastic is providing jobs right here in my home state, and I'm sure we can probably gander that some of the raw materials in our discs, bags and most certainly apparel probably arrived from non-U.S. sources or had non-U.S. manufacturing in its creation. There's more to a company's product than where their headquarters are located.

DGA is the only disc you will find in our local pro shop so it's order online or drive to San Antonio to get something.

Academy Sports - Innova and Discraft only.
Dicks - Innova only.
Smoke Shop - Innova and Discraft only. (They only seem to get new stock once every 2 years)

Infinite's End - Innova (a lot), tiny selections of MVP, Prodigy, and Lat64.

Alpine Ski Shop - Everything. Best place to go in Charlotte area but they're almost 45 minutes from my house.

So, I mostly buy online. Plug for Communitydiscs.com

my local shop quit carrying dynamic discs because he cant get rid of them. he said prodigy might go next

Bet he doesn't sell any of his last stock of Prodigy for $1200 per. :|

I think he's making a mistake with DD though--- the DD Escape has glide that just won't quit with no fade. MI, huh? You think they'd feel all homey about Swedish plastic.

Bet he doesn't sell any of his last stock of Prodigy for $1200 per. :|

I think he's making a mistake with DD though--- the DD Escape has glide that just won't quit with no fade. MI, huh? You think they'd feel all homey about Swedish plastic.

this is discraft country

My local shop didn't carry Prodigy until rather recently. Which is strange since Prodigy is local. You'd think think the savings on shipping alone would have had them carrying the discs quickly.

They don't have any Gateway or MVP that I've seen or any of the small brands but Innova, Discraft and the Trillogy discs are well represented as is DGA.

I don't buy a ton there though mostly PIAS these days, the guys there are easier to deal with and they stay open until 9 which means I can go after work instead of going on a weekend.

multiple colors on most discs. seems like they get a batch of all 1 color and dont reorder any til those are mostly gone, which is annoying because I dont want Orange or Pink discs. They need to get more selection

My local DD store doesn't carry Grip bags for obvious reasons.

That's funny.

Here is another one, one of our local stores doesn't like to mess around with used discs. I can't stand it. It seems like the only used discs the shop owner has are his old ones that he doesn't want to throw. The other shop nearby will give you store credit and or buy used discs and has a huge rack of used plastic on the cheap. This is nice when you just want to try something out, or want to get rid of your old discs.

multiple colors on most discs. seems like they get a batch of all 1 color and dont reorder any til those are mostly gone, which is annoying because I dont want Orange or Pink discs. They need to get more selection

Argh and I only want Orenge and Pink discs and can never find them!

In the DFW area you can find just about anything except Vibram discs. The Quick Stop in Arlington near Veterans has some, but not a lot. They're really pricey there too. I've bought from him, at least he has them.

I don't know why the DD in Lewisville won't carry them. They have just about everything else.

My local shop didn't carry Prodigy until rather recently. Which is strange since Prodigy is local. You'd think think the savings on shipping alone would have had them carrying the discs quickly.

They don't have any Gateway or MVP that I've seen or any of the small brands but Innova, Discraft and the Trillogy discs are well represented as is DGA.

I don't buy a ton there though mostly PIAS these days, the guys there are easier to deal with and they stay open until 9 which means I can go after work instead of going on a weekend.

What shop?

There's no DD at Disc Stalker which is sorta weird since they've got Lat and Westside ...

What shop?

There's no DD at Disc Stalker which is sorta weird since they've got Lat and Westside ...

Disc Caddy in Marietta, he may have added recently but that was the stock 6-8 weeks ago.

Pretty sure Bob's had Prodigy from the beginning ... he might just sell out of it real quick.

Entirely possible, I like the store a lot just wish they stayed open until 7 some nights. I can never get in there to see what he's got.

Latest posts