• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What won't Gateway Stamp

I don't understand why everybody's trying to copy gateways hot stamp. They wouldn't care less. What would do it would be Innova making an exact replica of the wizard mold, call it the Enchanter, and sell that. Then they may have an issue with it.

Exact replica? The Wizard is just an improved BB Aviar. Didn't hear Gateway complain about the Tern, I mean the Slayer came out much earlier and it's almost an exact copy. Seriously outside of a few molds, almost every companies disc for the last 15 years are some sort of knock off or improvement of an Innova or Discraft disc.

Exact replica? The Wizard is just an improved BB Aviar. Didn't hear Gateway complain about the Tern, I mean the Slayer came out much earlier and it's almost an exact copy. Seriously outside of a few molds, almost every companies disc for the last 15 years are some sort of knock off or improvement of an Innova or Discraft disc.

Knock off, improvement, "longer teebird" all that stuff no one really complains. An exact replica of the mold, with a new Gate-Way plastic that is the same as SSS. They may feel like you've stolen their work.

Shoot, just start up a new disc company like everyone else these days, and call your first putter mold a Wizard. Could they stop you?

IMHO...Copying the mold itself is the same thing as copying someone else's artwork. So it would be unbelievably hypocritical for Gateway to have an "issue" with your scenario.

Yes but that's why companies paid Innova for so many years while the patent existed...

The difference is that Gateway isn't paying royalties for others' IP that they're profiting off of.

Exact replica? The Wizard is just an improved BB Aviar..

Nnnnnope. Definitely different. Similar though. They might have tried to copy it, sure. But it's not a blatant ripoff imo.

giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

It's really just the same concept. The actual disc design dimensions are not even close to a BB aviar.

Has anyone confirmed Gateway didn't go through the proper channels to use the licensed images?

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't, I just find it interesting that everyone assumes they stole the images. Is this company know to pull shady moves like that?

Latest posts