• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What would you do to get a disc back?

I spent two weeks in the hospital to get a disc back............just sayin.......

Ouch! To all y'all who are wading into or swimming in dirty water, look into this news story:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/2...-first-words-during-battle-with-flesh-eating/

Yeah, this disease isn't common, but man, losing your legs, hands, part of your abdomen (??), and maybe even dying, would be a heavy price to pay for retrieving a $20 disc. Aimee had a gash after a zipline fall that opened her leg up to the infection, but it's easy to imagine cutting your foot on a sharp piece of trash when you're feeling around in the mud and murky water with bare feet for your disc. :gross:

I have never done anything that crazy. Luckily i don't have the obstacles some of you guys have. I have gone wading in nasty swampy cesspool water and gone into the middle of giant throne bushes but thats about it.

I try to play with a buddy who is six foot seven and climbs better than a monkey. He's my disc retriever. He also doesn't mind wading chest deep in nasty ponds. Me....I might take my shoes and socks off or throw a baseball at it but that's about it.

Has he ever tried Ninja Warrior?

I don't think so but if I text him and give him the name it will be his new thing. He wants one of those arm parachute glider rigs. He's the guy who would get drunk at a party and do stupid things for money. Like stick his head in the ceiling fan. He doesn't mind climbing trees or doing things to get discs. I always hook him up with discs I don't want or find with no number I don't throw. It's a beneficial setup for the both of us.

So I thinking I'm earning my nickname "Finder."

Jumped into a stagnant water-hole today at Turner park to retrieve my buddy's GL River. It was once mine, so I am particularly attached to the disc.

Anyway after mucking around for a bit I came up with the River, a Champ Sidewinder, and a Champ Mamba. I think that makes ten (unmarked) discs found in less than a year of playing.

That's the benefit to doing crazy things for lost discs I guess...

Hell or high water.. I don't leave a disc behind.!

I usually limit searches to a couple hours if needed on some really overgrown brush. On a number of occasions I have gone back 2-3 days in a row to look for discs that were lost. I think I've left about 30 over the years, but after a few days of looking, if I cannot find it - either someone else has or I am not going to anyway. But, I've probably found 3x that that most would consider 'lost' - and probably at least 30 other discs that people have lost - most of them returned.

Never have had a call on any of mine.

Never have had a call on any of them.

Damn that i sad especially after 30+ years.

I have lost a disc out of town [Temple] and had someone find it in a different town [Austin] then they paid to have it shipped to me [Waco] just out of kindness.

I spent 40 minutes looking for my CE Valk on hole #3 while my friends played the rest of the course. I found it while they were on hole #16

A friend of mine managed to throw a borrowed disc into a narrow slot fifteen feet up into a dead, hollow tree today. It wasn't really climbable on the side of the tree it went in. My other friend and I acted as steps so he could climb up the other side of the tree in his flip flops. He then had to break away a good amount of dead bark so he could reach through and into the tree to get the disc.

Latest posts