• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What would you do?

ZDotHalbach

Eagle Member
This story starts in August at the Ledgestone Insurance Open in Peoria, Illinois. I was playing my first practice round and lost one of my good Destroyers. As the tournament went on I had heard no call about my Destroyer which I didn't find odd because it could have been stuck in a tree or what have you. By the end of the tournament I had completely forgotten about the disc and had moved on.

Last week (this is where the story gets good) I got a call from a guy in Missouri who had found my disc. He said that he would get the disc back to me as soon as possible and even mentioned shipping it overnight to me to increase his good karma. I told him that shipping it overnight would be unnecessary as there is about a foot of snow on the ground here, but I told him that when I got my disc back I would send him a couple discs for doing the right thing.

Today I got a call from another guy in Missouri who found that disc in a creek at a different course. I told him the whole story and I said that if he shipped it back I would send him two Destroyers and some other stuff because he mentioned how much he liked the Destroyer. When I offered him that he said that he would have to wait and see what he wanted to do and then later said he probably wouldn't sent it.

I'm just curious how some of you would have handled this situation. I'm aware that there is nothing I can do but COME ON! If someone wanted me to ship them there disc I would do it expecting nothing in return.

It's weird that he called you, but didn't want to return the disc. I guess he didn't want to pay the shipping for no guarantee in return.

Losers who hold hostage other people's property that is worth less than a trip to the movies (for one) are bottom feeders of the lowest order. #discgolfrich indeed.

You, as the owner of the lost Destroyer, have already burned more calories and wasted more of your valuable time dealing with the trolls who are shaking you down for $15 worth of plastic than this disc can possibly be worth to you. You said yourself that you'd already forgotten that you lost it and had moved on by the time your round was over.

Do yourself a favor and write off the lost Destroyer, break in a few new ones (which I'm certain you've already done) and call it a day.

Seems like you came off a little desperate and scared him out of parting with it. Next time say a family member gave that disc to you before passing away in a car wreck or something. Let guilt chip away at their resolve to keep it.

What would I do? I'd forget about it. It's just a disc! I've actually had people from different states call (back when I put my number on my disc) and I always told them to keep it. I don't even put my number on them anymore because I don't expect to ever get a lost disc back. If someone knows me and what I write on my discs, they will probably return it to me.

Seems like you came off a little desperate and scared him out of parting with it. Next time say a family member gave that disc to you before passing away in a car wreck or something. Let guilt chip away at their resolve to keep it.

This, if you need a bit of satisfaction....

What would I do? I'd forget about it. It's just a disc! I've actually had people from different states call (back when I put my number on my disc) and I always told them to keep it. I don't even put my number on them anymore because I don't expect to ever get a lost disc back. If someone knows me and what I write on my discs, they will probably return it to me.

...but this is where we all wind up eventually, for sanity's/humanity's sake.

agreed. almost makes me not want to bother with writing my number on discs anymore. it's just a disc, and I hate the guilt some people think we're supposed to feel about finding one. I LOVE finding uninked discs! and I get over it!:)

Zach, share his number here, or on the Twin Cities Disc Golf page. Somebody will make it their purpose to out the dude and find out everything about him, his girl, family, kids, etc and he will end up begging for mercy :)

Frustrating enough to lose a disc, more frustrating when a bag of vinegar and water finds it and trys to play games with it's rightful owner :/

When I think about it, I don't think he's trying to play games. I'm guessing he probably expected the owner to live in his city and he was planning to give it back, but when it turned out that the owner was in a different state it was too much of a hassle to send it. It's kind of unreasonable to expect people to pay shipping for a disc they don't own

If he called you're cell phone - I'd be tempted just to call him back up and ask why he called if he wasn't going to return it. Not that it really matters - I'm just interested in the motivation behind trolls and douche bags.

In the end - it's just a disc and unless you're a DB there's no joy in getting back at a DB.

Yeah the fact that he called you but then didn't want to return it is weird. Almost like he wanted to keep it, but wanted the clean conscience that would come with you saying he could keep it. People are weird. I find things, I return them. No questions asked. Like the dude whose phone and ID I found on the course last week. Never did get in touch with him, but since it was unlocked I was able to post on his Facebook and call his lady. Then I left it at a pro shop after making sure everyone he knew knew that it was there. But you know what everyone he knew didn't know? My identity. Because I didn't do it for a prize. I did it because it was the right thing to do. And here I am tooting my own horn. Because I'm a great person. Toot toot.

I'm a hard-core scientist, but I would totally pay a local witch to drop some kind of phone curse on them.

Alternatively, subscribe their phone numbers to Cat Facts.

This is a spicy thread and I like it. You got a first name of the guy? 314 or 636 area code on the number? I'm a St. Louis guy and may know these Ledgestone travelers. I will avenge you, and their WILL be blood.

Call him back and convince him to take your Destroyer on some adventures. Have him send pictures. Start a new thread.

This is funny what could it be called the adventures of (plate&Destroy) just so you know OP I don't think what this guy did to you was funny at all just what Hampstead said made me laugh which is hard to do thank you��

Latest posts