• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What would you rather have more of?

I would rather have more...

• Courses nearby to play

Votes: 68 34.9%
  • Stamina

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Distance on my Drive

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • Putting Accuracy

Votes: 27 13.8%
  • People to play with

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • Disc Golf Gear

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Ability to play under pressure

Votes: 12 6.2%
  • Time to play Disc Golf

Votes: 43 22.1%

• Total voters
More distance! I've only been playing for 9 months and I'm 52 yrs old and I'm really struggling to get the "snap". My longest drive (measured) is 292', but I'm generally in the 230'-240' range. I'm able to be competitive with the guys I play with because I'm pretty accurate and a decent putter, but there are plenty of holes where my lack of distance hurts me.

I'm all for having more courses nearby. I live in the Northeast Georgia Mountains and the closest course to the South of where I live is 30 - 40 minutes away. To the North of me, the closest course is and hour and a half away. So If we could get some courses in Gainesville, Ga, or closer to Dahlonega, Ga, that would be amazing! :thmbup:

I put courses nearby. The rest of the stuff I can work on myself. In Colorado Springs the course number is kind of limited within the immediate area, head 60 miles north to Denver and there are a lot more courses there. It would be great to have a course a few blocks down the road where I could walk to.

I like the courses I have, I just wish with the sport growing as much as it is, that EVERONE(all levels) did not have to show up at the same course....not sure why people like to go out to a more difficult course, when a course within their ability is just down the street. Take the good with the bad....bottom line...these players come eight deep, might be drinking, lack ettiquette, along with any type of disc gold ability....

Playing in scrambles or letting others through is the last thing on their mind

Oh yeah....more courses,:thmbup: the better

We have enough courses in the Spring/Woodlands area to keep it fresh, so I went with distance. ^^he has the puny arms. LOL

I want most of these things. My order of wants is listed below:

1 - Courses nearby to play (I have 4 good ones within 30 min, but I'd like more!)
2 - Putting Accuracy (I'd love to hit 30'+ putts with regularity, this hopefully will come with practice)
3 - Distance on my Drive (I can hit 300' fairly regularly, 350' with room to work and favorable winds, but I'd like to be able to throw further and MORE ACCURATELY)
4 - Disc Golf Gear (Still need some more wicking shirts, a stool, maybe a backup bag...can you ever have enough gear???)
5 - Time to play Disc Golf (I could probably play 4-7 times a week, but having more time would be cool, just as long as I don't have to be homeless and jobless to get it.)
6 - People to play with (It would be nice to have some of my peers to play rounds with, but I don't mind beating people I hardly know in handicaps and / or playing alone if necessary)
7 - Ability to play under pressure (I'm not a pro, so there's not much pressure on me...but making that "must make" putt would be cool.)
8 - Stamina (If my wife says 1 minute is good for her, then it's good for me...enough said.)

More courses...I have plenty of the other intangibles ;). Gear would come in second, I love having tons of backups of what I'm throwing!

I'm pretty lucky...Joliet doesn't have 'amazing' courses (maybe 2) but theres a few of them. Also in Bloom-Normal theres 3 in town, and another 4 within 40min.

So, I'd like more based on the fact that its the only I can't control on the list :)

With a wife and 3 kids who are in different activites (Dance and Hockey and football and swimming etc..) I choose time. I'd love to be able to play more than I can now, as it is I am really happy to get out once during the week and once on the weekend.

More time to play fixes all of the above for me I think.

EDIT: Well I guess it doesn give me more gear unless I become super awwesomesauce and get sponsored and F other people anyway,

I voted stamina but I think that goes hand in hand with more people to play with.

I am taking two online classes right now, and do NOTHING other than that. I dislike playing alone, and my friends can find the simplest reason not to go out "Oh it rained yesterday, it'll be wet" "its too hot out"

If I had more people to play with, I'd play more, and my stamina would go up.

Definitely people. Altoona has three courses within a 20 minute drive, yet there's no club or organization that I know of. I play with one friend, but he has a pretty busy life (I suppose he might check the "more time" one on the poll!)

I voted more people to play with. when I'm at college I have around 15 friends who disc golf so i can always find somebody to play a round with. over the summer when i'm at home none of my friends like disc golf.