• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What would you score at Winthrop

What would you score at Winthrop

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigt

As set up for the USDGC.

I would guess I would be 150+ but I have been playing less that 6 months.

Playing safe the entire time and solid putting could be between 69-79. Heat of the game during a huge tournament, would likely add quite a few strokes.

I think experienced players using primarily a roc or something similar; could score decent here. As always, the pros would whip my a$$. I actually rather like forced landing areas vs. distance; but then again, I'm getting near to being a grand master. Question is; would mashnut like this style? Is it the tall grass he hates; or the narrow fairways? :)

Somewhere in the 80s but I'm thinking at least one round out of three would be 90+ 'cause I'd have to be going for some stuff just for kicks.

my rating is 966 so probably around 82ish

looking at the ratings, I would shoot in the mid to low 70's, but I averaged above my rating in 4 rounds last year and I feel that the new OB rules would actually benefit my style of play (I do not throw nearly as far as the top players)

I would like to believe I could shoot in the 60s, but its always easy to think that until you go play that course, with all that rope and the wind, and now a stroke and distance rule - ouch...

Looks like about 106.

I think the ratings of this course is total BS though. A local tourney with a guy throwing a 1010 rated round effs the SSA up several strokes but 50 guys can shoot 1030+ and they will still call it a 72 or whatever par...

judging by my rating/avg. alone, about an 88 or 89. I feel like I probably could do better, but I could also have a bad round and do worse.

I've only played 2 pdga tourneys ever (d'oh!), once shooting a 1015 rated round which would be closer to a 71-72 at Winthrop.

I will find out sunday! I actually played it several times the way it is now however was playing captains choice practicing for the doubles tourny. Great thing about that is we shot 4 down during practice and then shot 5 over during the tourny!

However since I know the course and already have a plan for each hole I am hoping to shoot under 80 sunday.

David Wiggins Jr shot an 89 and he is a lot better than myself so shooting 80 or below seems a little tougher!

Based on the round ratings and what my current rating is (different from what I think my current rating should be) I would shoot over 100. That just makes me sad.

I will find out sunday! I actually played it several times the way it is now however was playing captains choice practicing for the doubles tourny. Great thing about that is we shot 4 down during practice and then shot 5 over during the tourny!

However since I know the course and already have a plan for each hole I am hoping to shoot under 80 sunday.

Please come back here and let us know what you score thanks.

I'll let you know on Monday. I have a tee time for Sunday at 10.
But, then again... spotting all week has got me so sore that I don't know how well I'll be able to play.
DSCJNKY

Latest posts