• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what would you want more in a players pack?

What would you want to see more in a players pack?

• Dri Fit Shirt

Votes: 142 72.1%
  • Disc(s)

Votes: 107 54.3%
  • Tripod Stool

Votes: 55 27.9%
  • Bag Tag

Votes: 18 9.1%
  • Water Bottle

Votes: 21 10.7%
  • Mug

Votes: 4 2.0%

• Total voters
Always have the option to pick different stuff. Around here, a bunch of tournament material gets made up but not all of it always goes into the player pack. What you don't want, you have the option of buying. I think that's excellent for people like me. I always want a tournament stamped disc, because I keep them for memories. I'll fork over extra money for it, especially if the player's pack includes a dry-fit t-shirt and other stuff. In terms of dry-fits, I've really enjoyed the ones from the company A4. Like them so much, I'm thinking about doing a run of those for the Penn State club...

I came up with a custom clipboard for the St. Louis Open this year, and it was really well recieved...total homerun. It fits the local scorecards perectly and is light and low profile.

Discs are always good. Unless it is another DX Roc. So overdone.

Dri Fit Shirts are all that I wear for tournament rounds now. So I will take one of those as well.

I like a tourney stamped disc so that I can hang it on my wall. Dry fit shirt would be my second choice. Stool would be good if it was was a Huk lab type. The cheaper ones suck.

I really like the idea of a stool, but it would probably be too expensive to pull off. More realistically, I would like a dri fit shirt and disc with the tournament logo/artwork on them. Pretty nice souvenirs that are useful and reasonably priced.

Shirts are great, but they are a pain as far as planning/logistics go. As a TD you do not want to over-order (and Dri-fit shirts are expensive) so you need to know everyone's size well before the event.

....and you need to tack on at least a 1-2 weeks if you want logo's printed (embroidered is much better/preferred).

.....and you also need women's cut shirts to keep them happy.

......and what if the brand you buy runs large (or small)? Then you got a whole lot of unhappy customers.

Maybe you could ship them out after the event to participants (tons of added work/cost)......and many would not be happy with that.

Bottom line - shirts in players packs are a recipe for disaster. Dri-fits are almost impossible with how events are run. Only cheap generic club shirts seem to work from a TD's logistics perspective......and the appeal of that is much lower.

My thing is order more than I'll need. So With capping the field at 72, I'll order 80 and if I dont get sizes in advance from everyone I'll guess and order extras of some sizes.

I hope you can make it work. I voted for dry fit shirts because I think that would be really cool.

With only 8 extra it will be very hard to make it work - especially if you buy several sizes of women's shirts too. Unless you get very lucky with your guessing you'll have several (maybe many) unhappy players and lots of money tied up in inventory you can't get rid of easily.

Maybe one way to make it work would be to have shirts prepared and on hand for those who pre-registered first. Slackers would get their shirts mailed to them after the event.

Latest posts