• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What'd you switch to?

I spent a long time figuring out what putters I liked, but I knew I liked soft plastic but not over the top soft.
My first putter was an r-pro avair which was then replaced by a soft banger gt which was then replaced by the r-pro avair, and now I'm using soft proton anodes and love them.

My first driver was a champ wraith which I eventually lost. Replaced it with another wraith, was way more flippy than the first, lost. Got a Katana, and a nuke, Katana sat in the car for a summer, caved in and started throwing that and enjoyed it. Lost it, bough a tern, and that is my main go to driver. My distance drivers are being reworked cause I realized that I don't need that high of speed.

I never threw fairway drivers until this year, and well I was dumb for not. I have a tee bird but that was replaced by proton and neutron volts because I liked the grip more. I had a beat dx tee bird that was replaced by a neutron amp because it flew similar and I didn't have to worry about beating it up if I wanted that flight path, I'd just buy a new one.

My mids are a work in progress. I had a usdgc roc plus, didn't like the bead so I picked up a ti buzzz and loved it off the teepad. I now throw the buzzz as well as a coyote, atlas, and tensor. But the coyote is probably being replaced by a turasas and the buzzz might be replaced by the Atlas, but we will see.

Outside of that I throw two proton ions, one soft for approach shots and one hard for off the tee or if I want it to slide on woodchips in the wooded course around here.

Holy poop that was a lot.

Used to throw a mixed bag but switch to all Innova, i wanna work on trying some discmania and millenium / hyzer bomb though. I switched because Innova is the easiest to find locally, and is the choice of champions. All the other companies make great stuff but Innova has something for every shot.

Try out a few different brands. I've tried discs from Westside, Lat64, Vibram, MVP, and Discraft in the last year, after only using Innova for years. Of those, Innova, MVP, and Discraft make up my current bag (in that order based on number of discs), with one Vibram VP putter thrown in. In the grand scheme of things, discs are cheap so it doesn't hurt to buy one a month and see if you find something you love.

I started with Innova discs, but have added more Discraft over the years. Also, I like my Ching JUJU putter. It works great for me. I had a Latitude disc, but lost it the first time out with it. It felt great, so I will have to get more discs from them when I get a chance.

I would say try out what you can get your hands on and go from there.

I'm sort of the opposite, in my first couple years I was throwing lots of different stuff. I had 6-7 companies in the bag at any time.

Funny enough, and not by any sort of intentional design...my bag is shifting back to Innova/Discmania. I only have 3 molds in my current setup that are non-Innova...and to top that off, for the first time ever I'm not throwing Buzzzes. :eek:

buzzz change

I'm sort of the opposite, in my first couple years I was throwing lots of different stuff. I had 6-7 companies in the bag at any time.

Funny enough, and not by any sort of intentional design...my bag is shifting back to Innova/Discmania. I only have 3 molds in my current setup that are non-Innova...and to top that off, for the first time ever I'm not throwing Buzzzes. :eek:

changed to rocs?

I stopped Buzzzes awhile back too.

Latest posts