• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's in Your Bag: Part I- Putters

Putting
KC Aviar x2

Driving/Approach
Glow Champion BB Aviar
XT Nova

I've been thinking about adding an understable driving putter. I just don't think I'd use it much. I either anny a Nova or flick my Champion Gator for short shots that need to finish to the right.

Soft Judge
Fusion Judge
XG Champion Rhyno
Star Aviar P&A

I have been trying out for throwing or approaches a Sparkle Crystal Zone and a ESP Banger GT.

On hilly courses with roll away issues I will sometimes add a 10m Brick or Omega SS. I have also recently tried a Super Soft Judge.

On occasion I will take out a Judge and put back in my SSS Wizards. The odd thing is that if I only carry one putter (like when I use only two or three discs) I usually only carry a SSS Wizard. About a year or two ago, the Judges replaced my Wizards in my regular bag.

F2 xt nova. Use it for the overmold's stability and ability to glue to the ground on approach-not-make upshots.

Pfn DX xd. Crazy responsive. Makes long tough putts tons easier.

Gstar rhyno. Laser straight for anything in the gimme range. Utility for other throw types.

I want to move from the xd to san Marino aviar but they're too hard to come by.

3x 170+ Neutron Anodes - 1 for putting only, 1 for driving and approach only and one extra (with 2 aces on it, less stable, thrown when I get the urge)

1 Neutron Ion - A little more stable than the Anodes

When they make it, I will buy and test some Electron Anodes too

173 Glo Z Zone
175 DX Classic Roc (0/1)

175 Recon (Champ) Tank (Slow OS driving/upshot putter. 0/2)
175 Champion Aviar P&A (glideless and durable. Most approaches. 0/1)

175 G25 Stickin' Putts Wizard (1 year in the bag. Very stiff. Main putting putter. 0/1.5)
175 OG SS Wizard (2 years in the bag. Longer putts. Tailwind jump putts. Anny putts. -.5/1)

Classic (hard) Warden - main putting putter
S-Line P2 - throwing/approach putter (long putts/at the basket)
Opto Pure and Lucid Judge - used on wooded/technical courses for throws off the tee. Not always bagged.

Next are discs called putters, but I use them for approaches/upshots:
Star Stud - main approach disc.
Star Colt - anny shots, tailwinds, when glide is needed.
Star Mirage - almost a midrange, touch shots with lots of glide, longer (than the Colt) anny shots.

Working with the C-Line P3 and Jawbreaker Challenger, as well.

I'm mainly rocking challengers,

160g pro d for upshots, long putts,
170g pro d for general putting
17?g x soft for driving, approach but needs replacing for more durable plastic.

I got a stack of pro d expecting them to be as overstable as the xsoft but I'm not liking these pro d discs for driving as they have to little fade and I want something more durable. I here there is z flex are there any esp? Probably be perfect and round out my putting.

175 ZeroHard Spike - upshots from 125-200' and driving putter
175 DX Birdie - 125' and in upshots when it has to be straight or move left to right
174 FossilFlex Scale - anything 125' and in or if it really needs to fade
175 Jawbreaker Magnet - primary putter

Wizards
G9i Wizard - All putting duties
Fossil Wizard - Main winter putter. Also for throwing and as a backup putter.
Unmarked but very firm Wizard - Tee shots and approaches

Neutron Proxy - Straight with no fade

PFN Champion Classic Roc - Straight with mild fade and hyzers

Zones (Yes, I cycle Zones)
Glo Z Zone - distance flicks (been in the bag since they were released)
'Murica CryZtal Zone - "fresh" Zone. Does Zone things

Mine is in flux right now

Pro D Zone
3X DX Polecats (one 150g for get out of trouble shots and understable shots, one 170g as main putter and one as backup)
Stego (does that count as a putter?)

Trying to make up my mind
Daredevil Bighorn vs Yikun Wings (the Wings is listed as a mid but it is slower then a Harp)
Scale and Serpent. I have carried the Scale basically since I started playing but with the Zone in the bag, it isn't getting much play. The Serpent may be going back in the bag because it offers better wind resistance then the Polecat for those windy days.

174 Opto Pure - Putting

175 Opto Pure - Straight
168 DX Aviar - Anhyzer (really beat in)
175 VIP Shield - Hyzer. Most approaches are with this.
175 ESP Zone - It's a Zone. It fades, a lot.

I'm not settled on my putters anywhere near as much as my mids, but currently...

RFF Wizard, just a few days old. Any time I want to minimize roll-away, or anything within about 15 feet.

Star Dart, excellent condition: Approach where I want a lot of glide.

R-Pro Hydra, excellent condition: whenever I chicken out around water hazards. I OUGHT to throw it more, because it's a good putter, with insanely good grip.

I recently removed a Eraser Wizard for the RFF, but I might put the Eraser back in as backup. I have a Star Aviar, and liked it for approach, but it felt like it was catching on release for anything but push putts, so the Dart replaced it. I don't dislike the Aviar enough to get rid of it, though.

Putting:

Pair of Blend Judges at 174-175 grams

Driving (all max weight):

Beat-up Fuzion Judge
Fresh Lucid Judge
VIP Harp
Beat up BT Med. Harp

3rd Gen Ion for primary putting duties with a somewhat beat Proton Soft Anode for longer putts and approaches that are too short for a mid.

Don't really drive with 'em, but I have driven Wizards in the past.

172 Soft Wizard
175 Fossil Wizard
171 Soft Ion
165 Medium Wizard

175 Organic Wizard
175 Organic Wizard

The Soft is my thrower, the pair of Organics are my putters. The Ion is a backup. The Fossil is breaking in to become a backup. The Medium is only used for shots requiring extra turn, extra glide, or some other nuance.

-173 and 171 350g Pa3 (seasoned) - main putters, upshots, interchangable
-175 400 Glow Pa3 (new) - somewhat overstable/stable BH driving/approach, FH approach
-171 300 Pa3 (seasoned) - stable/understable BH driving/approach, FH approach

JiAd3Sa.jpg

RFF Wizard, wear unimportant - putting
SS (or something in that range) Wizard - driving/upshot. I like to keep an 8/10 at least, in the bag.
SSS Voodoo - straight to turnover drives
Jawbreaker Zone - Not so OS Zone stuff
Big Z Zone - Zone stuff

Weights are generally unimportant, so long as they're 170+.

Latest posts