• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats the coolest thing you have seen on a course?

Shawnee S.P., around 2009, sometime in the winter. Shawnee Lake was frozen over and there were probably a couple hundred geese sitting on the ice near the beach area close to the course. After I was there a while the geese started to make a bunch of noise. They didn't fly away, but were obviously disturbed. I looked up to see a bald eagle circling overhead. That was pretty cool! :thmbup:

Viewing dolphins from tee #1 at Post'l Point on Eglin AFB. Having a swimmable beach on location is a nice perk

I never got a picture of it but a bald Eagle dropped part of a fish, the bones after it was done eating right next to me. If I had been 5 seconds slower it would have hit me. This was at Powerhouse Ally in Oahe Dam State Park hole 3? or 4 on the new tee pad layout. We just finished making the modern layout at the time but not final pin location in 2008.

Last edited:
I saw a bald eagle at Stafford Lake in Novato, CA - not as cool as seeing one sloppily munching a fish, but it is rare to see one of those in the area. Getting less rare.

The kitchen at the course course, which is amazing, reminds me of T.D. which stands for taffy dude, a local salesman of sorts who can produce some edibles, greenery, beers and do market runs for the locals. Haven't been to GGP in awhile, so not sure of his current status, but it sure was convenient.

My absolute favorite feature of any course I've played is at Whistler's Bend in Oregon where you can tube around the extensive course and camp right by it in a cheap yurt or a tent. Amazing place, I hope 2020 is still holding it down. It is cool because the Umpqua basically carved a river through a huge granite outcrop, so what appear to be huge boulders in the waters is all one monolithic piece of rock.

Watched a Bald Eagle fly down through the back side of a dam at the Oak Hollow open. It was so patriotic!

Hate to burst the patriotic bubble going on here, but bald eagles are thieves and scavengers. Pretty fitting to national climate at present.

Benjamin Franklin once said, "For my own part, I wish the bald eagle had not been chosen the representative of our country. He is a bird of bad moral character. He does not get his living honestly. … Besides he is a rank coward: The little king bird not bigger than a sparrow, attacks him boldly, and drives him out of the district."

Carry on

I saw a bald eagle at Stafford Lake in Novato, CA - not as cool as seeing one sloppily munching a fish, but it is rare to see one of those in the area. Getting less rare.

The kitchen at the course course, which is amazing, reminds me of T.D. which stands for taffy dude, a local salesman of sorts who can produce some edibles, greenery, beers and do market runs for the locals. Haven't been to GGP in awhile, so not sure of his current status, but it sure was convenient.

I've seen some herds of turkeys roving around at Stafford. Like 100+ birds. I didn't know they hung out in such numbers.

I've purchased plenty of PBRs from the guy at GGP. Very convenient indeed.

The course I play most often is an old military installation turned county park. It's pretty big and very wooded. It's full of deer and they are quite tame. Yesterday I saw a pretty good sized buck in the snow .

Hate to burst the patriotic bubble going on here, but bald eagles are thieves and scavengers. Pretty fitting to national climate at present.

Benjamin Franklin once said, "For my own part, I wish the bald eagle had not been chosen the representative of our country. He is a bird of bad moral character. He does not get his living honestly. … Besides he is a rank coward: The little king bird not bigger than a sparrow, attacks him boldly, and drives him out of the district."

Carry on

While I am a big fan of Mr Franklin, I believe he was off base here. After all, he wanted the turkey as the national bird. I've got both birds on my property and I must say, the eagle is superior in all aspects.

2012 Worlds a few holes ahead of mine, a group of disc golfers saved a spectator who had heart attack on the course.

Def the coolest thing I've ever seen disc golfers do.

Yup, it almost made me forget the #%$^ double roll-away OBs on hole 4(?) over that dried up creek.

This MASSIVE tree which was in the fairway on the final hole at my home course (Robert Burnaby Park) blown over in a wind storm. They managed to salvage the trunk by standing it back up, and seems to be re-growing new limbs, but the top half of the tree is gone. So kind of sad, but also pretty cool to see. It also made the hole much easier.

Attachments

• Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 34

Latest posts