• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the most you've ever spent on a disc?

$110

Brand new, never thrown, original Innova Eagle (pre-Aero). There is no tooling on the bottom, and it sports the rare TM symbol (Innova couldn't trademark the word Champion, as I understand it). Bought it for the history behind the disc.

Very very cool, to say the least! :thmbup: :clap: DG history

$100 on a proto-star CE Gazelle. I've spent $65-75 on a few others, but typically stay below $50 for collectors and $30 for throwers.

Around $18 when I first started out.

I won a McPro Aviar with one of his special rating stamp on the back at a raffle a few years back. Worth about $50 now, as far as I could tell. But I'll never spend more than on basic Champion/Z plastic. Usually around $13.99 on discgolfcenter.com these days.

My rule was always $40. There's a few rarer things I like to throw.

But in the last several months I've broken that rule twice -- a 2003 USDGC CE Roc and a 2004 USDGC Hole 5 Roc -- came in closer to $50 than $40 each. I like Rocs.

I throw them all plenty.

Throw. Them. All.

(Except that Proto Eagle -- don't ever throw that.)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Tied with several at 17.99 first runs of the Rask, Stiletto and Harp are all I can remember.

I'm not a collector so I try to keep it cheap.

About $50 for a CE Leopard. Sold it a few years later for $75 or so. Now I would say $20 is my limit, and even then I would only do it with PayPal funds from other sold discs.

$20 each on two glow champ Big Bead Aviars. I had one, but I wanted a couple of backups. Luckily I found a website that had two so I snagged them. I am thinking about buying two flat topped glow champ Gators from the same website, but those are $22 a piece.

Spent $100 for one of the Mcbeth St Judes disc, that is the most expensive that I have actually paid for, but I do have a proto destroyer that I won on a raffle... :)

Got a first run esp nuke off of ebay a year or so ago for 40ish. never paid more than that. its just a wall hanger now and i thought it would be the solution to my driving woes at the time. most my bag is misprints and factory seconds to be honest. i dont like paying much for plastic.

$22 for a pre-flight number Star Sidewinder. Felt stupid at the time, but given the use it has gotten and how some $16 discs have end up being given away, it was not a bad deal.

$30 for a Midnight Z Buzzz. That's the absolute most I would pay for a collector disc, maybe $35 if I really wanted it.

Besides that, around $15 for a premium disc. I try not to go over that.

I snagged a first run Starfire from Steve Rico for 30 bucks some years back. I throw the two common Starfire molds, this is the discontinued one, though, so I have a more complete set.

Last edited:
Probably 20 bucks. Don't really keep track. I do remember in my ball golfing days I spent 700 on a golf driver. That was a bit crazy, I ended up flipping it back on ebay and want to say I made 50 on it. :|

You can't buy distance in either sport. hehe

A single disc? About $25 on a first run Nuke that I ended up losing in the snow. So stupid.

I remember making the transition from high school hockey to college hockey. Completely different color scheme, walked out of Johnny Mac's after spending well over a grand. Probably even more stupid, but, I at least still use the vast majority of that equipment to this day. And that was about 9 or 10 years ago.

The 4x glow rocs were 30 or 35 at release, only bought one but now wish I had gotten a stack. Outside if that, 20 for 10 yr buzzzs.

I think around $22 or so in cash.

I have spent more using funny money on collectibles after tourneys, though. Mostly because I don't need/want any more throwers from the stock bins, and am looking for something to flip.