• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the most you've ever spent on a disc?

Pics or it didn't happen :thmbup:

Sorry, I'll do that when I have more time. I just took a quick look for it and it wasn't in one of three or four boxes where I thought it was. (Mind you, I have 200+ boxes of discs that have taken over a couple of rooms in my house. Over the last year I've been organizing all of them by putting them into plastic sleeves and reboxing them into archival boxes designed specifically for discs. I will be donating a complete set of discs approved by the PDGA since 1988 as soon as the PDGA has the space to curate them.) FYI, I just got out of the hospital today, and I have at least four discs that I need to do the PDGA testing on in the next day or so, so it may take a while before I resume searching for that disc again.

I have spent $22 on a non f2 or blizzard champ Zephyr. I have spent up to $25 on Pro Sharks. I have spent more on a collector disc for a gift to a friend.
I have also spent 8.99 on a few first run ions and eventually sold them for a little more. Just knowing that something in my bag is too valuable ruins the disc for me. I don't want to think "I could throw this disc and maybe lose it, or I can sell it for $200 and buy a bunch of discs" while standing on the teepad

on 1 disc. 30. It was specific and dyed. it was worth it
Also a few in the 25 range because of special stamps (Airborn stuff)

Really never would do more than 30 ever. Unless it was a magic disc that always aced and made rabbit turds turn to diamonds

Including shipping I just bought a yellow fd that is getting signed by Simon Lizotte for 23 dollars. I really think shipping is too much haha.

$100 for a '98 Innova pumpkin stamped aviar.

I still need a '97 Innova pumpkin to complete my collection. If you see any for sale or trade....please let me know. :thmbup:

Around $18. Just not that interested in obscure stuff and I'm not a collector.

Bought a disc for 880 dollars, sold it four years later for 1350

On one disc, $60 (first run CE TL). This year on plastic in general, close to 2k :/ I never had much money in early adulthood. However, right at the beginning of the calendar year, money and a brief yet very adamant infatuation with plastic, and trying to find 'the right discs for me', created a cocktail for disaster. I'm now trying to make up for it buy selling whatever it is I know won't get thrown (I don't collect), and just keeping backups around. Ugh.

On one disc, $60 (first run CE TL). This year on plastic in general, close to 2k :/ I never had much money in early adulthood. However, right at the beginning of the calendar year, money and a brief yet very adamant infatuation with plastic, and trying to find 'the right discs for me', created a cocktail for disaster. I'm now trying to make up for it buy selling whatever it is I know won't get thrown (I don't collect), and just keeping backups around. Ugh.

I did the same thing. Had a closet full of random discs for just about every brand. Ended up dumping most of them at the local shop and bought a ton of back ups in stuff I throw a lot.

I think $40 for a fresh CE Valkyrie is the most I've spent, ended up selling it for $80 after I realized I didn't want to throw it, and I didn't want to collect.

I havent spent more than 20 on a new, non collectable disc. I spent 40 on a 11x kc pro teebird once to see what the hype was with them. I regretted that soon after because the plastic was too grippy for my taste. Most of my collectors have come from trades over the years.

Bought a disc for 880 dollars, sold it four years later for 1350

That's what I'm talking about. I'd enjoy hearing more of the backstory to this. As in sure would others, hint hint.

(And none more from the $20 dollar max folk :p )

Attachments

• innova_unpigmented_bald_eagle.jpeg
    innova_unpigmented_bald_eagle.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Gotta give props for the 3 year necro-bump. Were you waiting for February 18th to roll around?

Mine is still $17.99 from three years ago.

Latest posts