• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the point of zipper pulls?

Cronemus

Is this just another way to trick out and personalize your bag? The pulls on my Mahal seem to work fine, I don't understand the appeal....am I missing something here?

They make you bad** bro. You didn't know that? Wow, you are missing out....for real. ;)

I don't own any, but I've been thinking about adding some sort of pulls to the zippers on my bag. For me it would just be because it's easier to grab a piece of cord, etc. vs. grabbing the small metal zipper pull. Not sure what anyone else thinks.

For me, they allow me easier access to pockets and let me customize my bag. I made my own, so I think they are unique. Many of my friends have the same bag as mine and try to grab it when moving on to the next hole, my zipper pulls help them keep their stinky little hands off my bag. :thmbup::thmbup:

I don't go for fancy zipper pulls, but small ones are nice because they make it easier to grab the zipper, especially on a cold or wet day when things are slippery or you're wearing gloves.

I have a black Grip bag and I put pulls on to make it easier to find the pulls. The all black concealed the pulls and if I was in a hurry (raining and needing rain fly), I didn't want to have to fight with finding the zipper.

I don't know about everybody else, but aren't they each guaranteed to lower your score by one stroke? I've got five on my bag, just in case. ;)

Just bling. Especially when I left the existing pulls in place when I put on the paracord pulls.

I did the same thing...the paracord wouldn't fit through the little holes in the Grip zippers, so I wrapped them around the existing pulls.

I have the Grip A series. It comes with very small black zipper pulls. Hard to see & harder to grab with my gorilla hands. I am in the market for pulls. Was just looking on Ebay for something that will match my grey/black bag but that I can see.

I don't know about everybody else, but aren't they each guaranteed to lower your score by one stroke? I've got five on my bag, just in case. ;)

Maybe I need zipper pulls to hit 300+ consistently.... :confused:

I did the same thing...the paracord wouldn't fit through the little holes in the Grip zippers, so I wrapped them around the existing pulls.

I noticed that after I made some zipper pulls for another bag, so I just made the zipper pulls on my Grip bag.

My question is, is there a secret to putting paracord zipper pulls on a grip bag? After failing to do get them on easily, I had to slide a butter knife in to widen it to make sure I could slide them in without fraying too much. I used pliers to tighten them back up after..

I liked the bullet zipper pulls on that Gripoff bag, GANGSTA, lol

JK

Gangsta indeed my friend. That's how we roll in the NORTHWEST!!!!! My buddy actually spent 40 bucks on some of those for his bag. He told me what he spent and I just shook my head. 40 bucks!!!!

I have the Grip A series. It comes with very small black zipper pulls. Hard to see & harder to grab with my gorilla hands. I am in the market for pulls. Was just looking on Ebay for something that will match my grey/black bag but that I can see.

try Facebook too if you have access. seems like a good market for them.

I like them for easy to grab access to zippers and to add a little cool look to the bag. Mostly though I buy them to support someone who is making them to raise tournament funds and I want to help out. Like the guy I played with in the GBO who had great deals, six pulls-birdie beads-bag tag clip, for $15 shipped. Got like 4 sets and he's using any profit to get his 10 year old son started on playing disc golf. Everyone wins.