• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's up with this guy? PDGA conspiracy?

I went to Maui last year and played poli...or Napoli I think it was. Not much to it just a little city park 9 holer. Still was pretty nice to toss on the island. I haven't been to the other islands but I can say they do not have much of a DG scene there for some reason.

Ya Napili's nothing special. There's a nice 18 hole course not far from the airport and then a pretty spectacular course about halfway up the volcano that's well worth the effort.

Part of the problem is the lack of facilities in Hawaii, but that is on the state; the PDGA has no say in that. Oahu is finally getting it's first permanent (non-military) course after many years of fighting the state for the right to. Innova once donated an entire 18 hole course to the UofH at Manoa, but Honolulu wouldn't let them put it in, so the baskets where shipped to the Big Island for a course over there. The Honolulu Disc Golf Club is an amazing group of guys who will drop everything to play an impromptu, safari round with anyone who visits the island. I know, when I went there last year they treated me like family and we had a blast. I heard that the Hawaii state disc golf championship was going to take over the Turtle Bay Golf course this year on the north shore. What I wouldn't give to play that!

dog-bounty-hunter-kevin1.jpg

Somebody get this guy a login.
Dear god yes!

I don't know any details and I have never played any golf in Hawaii but from what I can gather from crazy a$$ Bobbies posts on FB, I feel it goes a little something like this. (this is literally hypothetical but has some merit)

He was probably elected State Coordinator back in the day by default as there probably was little to no scene then and he was maybe the only one wanting to do the work. I would assume he was kicked out when the scene started to blossom and they realized that he was literally insane.

Now he has 2 major beefs, one with the rest of Hawaiian disc golf a two with the PDGA. Both are very hard to nail down as he speaks in gibberish and incomplete sentences.

Beef One
The Hawaiian disc golf beef stems from a course called Poli. From what I can gather I think it is a temp course but I am not certain about that. But it definitely is on private land. So he constantly accuses the locals of being elitist snobs and not allowing the general public to play golf out at Poli. Now I think the locals just don't want him out there and probably intentionally keep him out of the loop. again just a guess.

Beef Two
the PDGA beef is really hard to understand. He is accusing them of censoring data that is associated with the history of the Hawaii state disc golf championships. He basically says that this event was maybe held at Poli back in the day but the PDGA for some reason has erased the records of the events to help the other Hawaiian organization keep the Poli course a secret???

Honestly I have no idea what I am talking about but I read some of his facebook blather from time to time and this is what I have gathered. It's not much but I tried to shed some light on the topic and god would I love for him to create an account and pick this post to pieces. if ANYONE can make this happen lets get on it immediately.

Last edited:
My wife and I went to Hawaii last October for a long awaited visit (we won't be going back, but that is another story...) and actually crossed paths with Bobby Garner. I wanted to check out an object course on the Big Island at Mackenzie State Park, and found out that they had a weekly there. I didn't have any discs but thought maybe I could play a round with the locals.

Turns out it was Bobby and one other guy at the weekly. As soon as he found out I was a DG'er he launched into about a 30 minute rant about how screwed up DG was on the islands, how he had been fighting the good fight for years but was one man against the world, how corrupt PDGA was, etc. His buddy (who had obviously heard this a few times) finally insisted that they'd better start playing so they could finish before the park filled up and they couldn't.

We left shaking our heads, as Bobby clearly has a whole lotta' issues to deal with. I think he means well, but he is his own worst enemy.

To this day I regret that I didn't play at least once to check off Hawaii on my list, but the only way to play that course is with a local who says "the target is that big tree over there, and we tee off from this rock". And trying to play a round with Bobby didn't seem like such a hot idea...

Beef One
The Hawaiian disc golf beef stems from a course called Poli. From what I can gather I think it is a temp course but I am not certain about that. But it definitely is on private land. So he constantly accuses the locals of being elitist snobs and not allowing the general public to play golf out at Poli. Now I think the locals just don't want him out there and probably intentionally keep him out of the loop. again just a guess.

I don't know anything of this guy other than running into his rants online here and there but I do know of Poli somewhat.

It is a permanent course but is definitely on private land. The owner does not wish for *******s to frequent his land so has asked that locals not advertise the course details to the general public to limit traffic. In my experience respectful visitors wanting to play are warmly received by contacting locals on the scene and asking for details on how best to play. Ie. with course guides, etc.

Well worth a little effort to play the course.

From the way he talks about it it appears that he believes that the rules of private property do not exist when it comes to the free spirit of disc golf. Pretty common sense stuff really, locals are very interested in keeping the course in for their enjoyment so the respect the land owners wishes.

Dear god yes!

I don't know any details and I have never played any golf in Hawaii but from what I can gather from crazy a$$ Bobbies posts on FB, I feel it goes a little something like this. (this is literally hypothetical but has some merit)

He was probably elected State Coordinator back in the day by default as there probably was little to no scene then and he was maybe the only one wanting to do the work. I would assume he was kicked out when the scene started to blossom and they realized that he was literally insane.

Now he has 2 major beefs, one with the rest of Hawaiian disc golf a two with the PDGA. Both are very hard to nail down as he speaks in gibberish and incomplete sentences.

Beef One

Beef Two
the PDGA beef is really hard to understand. He is accusing them of censoring data that is associated with the history of the Hawaii state disc golf championships. He basically says that this event was maybe held at Poli back in the day but the PDGA for some reason has erased the records of the events to help the other Hawaiian organization keep the Poli course a secret???

Honestly I have no idea what I am talking about but I read some of his facebook blather from time to time and this is what I have gathered. It's not much but I tried to shed some light on the topic and god would I love for him to create an account and pick this post to pieces. if ANYONE can make this happen lets get on it immediately.

As someone who has family in Oahu and has played most of the DG courses in HI including the FAMOUS Haleakala in Poli Poli, Maui, you aren't too far off. It is not temp but the course is well guarded by the locals and is the type of course you don't just show up to play as an outsider. I was invited in due to connections and that was back in 2000/2001. YOu can see my review and a few pics under my courses played if you want to get a feel for it.

Hawaii is a warm and gentle place if you know where to hang your hat as a local but drugs and poverty have truly taken a hold on life of the locals and they will continue to fight it as long as they are treated like 3rd world people and not given the interventions needed to create change. Granted, they have to want the help but most just don't have a way of getting it. Don't get me started on the education system there if you're not rich...

Last edited:
I think it's a pretty clear sign of mental illness if you believe the PDGA has enough staff, money or organization to carry out and hide a conspiracy. :p

Interesting that he claims to have been banned for life from the PDGA, yet doesn't appear on their disciplinary action list.

Guy seems like your run of the mill, tin foil hat wearing, paranoid conspiracy theorist. Everything he does is right and righteous, and everything that contradicts his world view is not only wrong, but evil and out to get him. Don't these guys usually live in cabins in the woods?

And holy crap, apparently I'm facebook friends with the guy. Probably accepted his friend request years ago because he was a disc golfer and immediately put him on the "don't show me this person's posts" list since I didn't know him personally. Guess I've been missing out on some entertainment in my news feed all this time.

Napili Park, I went to Maui with the fam 2 summers ago and my dad and I each brought a disc with. Nothing fancy, but sure was sweet to get some throws in on the island.

Can you actually delete your account? I know you can deactivate it, but can be reactivated at any time.

Yes you can. They make it really hard to find the delete button. Someone posted a link to it. Glad i did it.

I was friends with him on Facebook for over a year. I put up with his ramblings of the PDGA nonsense.

After a while I asked him for more details regarding this situation. He could never give me a straight answer using proper sentences, spelling and punctuation.

I tried, I tried really hard to understand him. It just didn't work out.

Had to utilize the blocking feature on the book of faces.

Interesting that he claims to have been banned for life from the PDGA, yet doesn't appear on their disciplinary action list.

I make no claims to understand what he writes, but I sense that by "banned" and "censored", he means blocked from posting on Facebook pages. On his Facebook page he goes on and on about being censored by Delaveaga, and that seems to be what he means.

I am stationed at Pearl Harbor on Oahu and the HDGA is a great group of guys. Like stated earlier, most of the HDGA guys will drop what they are doing to play a round at one of the many temp courses around the island. Myself and a few other military guys have a couple of temp courses we play weekly on base. The courses are pretty good and we have had lots of visitors to the islands come on base to play the courses. Most of the Dg'ers on the island that know of Bobby just ignore him and basically describe him as crazy.

Range Rick: where is there a permanent course getting installed? Turtle Bay? i know there is a temp 9 hole up there and was thinking they should put in place a permanent. any info you got would be great so i can spread the word.

Part of the problem is the lack of facilities in Hawaii, but that is on the state; the PDGA has no say in that. Oahu is finally getting it's first permanent (non-military) course after many years of fighting the state for the right to. Innova once donated an entire 18 hole course to the UofH at Manoa, but Honolulu wouldn't let them put it in, so the baskets where shipped to the Big Island for a course over there. The Honolulu Disc Golf Club is an amazing group of guys who will drop everything to play an impromptu, safari round with anyone who visits the island. I know, when I went there last year they treated me like family and we had a blast. I heard that the Hawaii state disc golf championship was going to take over the Turtle Bay Golf course this year on the north shore. What I wouldn't give to play that!