• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's with disc golfers and fancy zipper pulls?

tombrinkman01

The last time I saw this must interest in zipper pulls, it was from my 10-year-old granddaughter and her friends during summer camp ;) But in all seriousness, is there a practical reason for all this paracord and lanyard?

The last time I saw this must interest in zipper pulls, it was from my 10-year-old granddaughter and her friends during summer camp ;) But in all seriousness, is there a practical reason for all this paracord and lanyard?

2 words
Razzle Dazzle

i just have black paracord on my grip a series zippers.. gives it a nice touch and feel for when im searching for my zipper

It's just expression of individual style with a dash of added functionality.

I don't understand it either, but it has to be related to the tendency to like purple bags and discs with glitter in the plastic.

I picked up a few pulls when I ordered my birdie beads... Pulls are just bling (I rarely use my bag zippers, really), but the birdie beads are pure genius functional bling!

Honestly, pulls make it easier to undo a bag zipper when the bag is still on my back. That's why hikers use them; so they don't have to drop their gear to get at a granola bar or whatever.

I like them. They function as more then flair for me.

for me its easier to see the position of the zipper (open or closed) black bag + black zipper = ?
when I first got my Grip A, it seemed I would always leave one of the side pockets open
so by putting something on the zipper pulls i could see it at a glance

I got some...ordered Packer colors, got sent Vikings colors....and they were coming apart when I got them. YaY.

Reminds me of wooks selling crystals and other h3tty goods in the lot. Damn hippies.

I don't get it and think they're stupid.

I understand people saying they're easier to reach on the go, but you literally set your bag down on every hole at least 2-3 times. It's not like you're trying to reach stuff while you're driving without looking. Well, maybe some people are, but. to frequently enough to need color coordinated pulls.

I've never used birdie beads either. Of course, I learned to count in kindergarten.

It's just expression of individual style with a dash of added functionality.

And with only 20 posts, tombrinkman, you could use a dash of style. I suggest you get some zipper pulls. :D :p

I understand people saying they're easier to reach on the go, but you literally set your bag down on every hole at least 2-3 times. It's not like you're trying to reach stuff while you're driving without looking. Well, maybe some people are, but. to frequently enough to need color coordinated pulls.

I've never used birdie beads either. Of course, I learned to count in kindergarten.

I kinda think rings with red triangles in them are stupid but to each there own and I'm just trying to be a smart ass and could care less what anyone puts on there bag

Necessity and functionality are not synonymous terms. Just because you set your bag down doesn't mean you don't also keep the bag on. If a tee is backed up or there's a long walk between holes, then the bag stays on my back for stretches. Also, I'm assuming you don't set your bag down when you walk to every other player's lie. If you out-drive the group, you've got 3 other players to wait for to take their second shot.

And I'm sure your Sesame Street skills of counting are so revered locally that they stopped requiring you to use score cards in tournaments. But for most of us, we still use cards or phone apps or birdie beads during casual rounds because it's one less thing to worry about and we can just play. But you keep counting on your fingers every other tee to make sure you didn't lose your place; I won't hold it against you. :hfive:

Latest posts