• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's with this "Don't nice me bro" stuff?

I don't get it. I've played ball golf for 20 years and taught for the last 10 years. When I see a great shot I say "Shot" which is short for nice shot. If someone gave me any crap for that I would/will put them in the hospital. Maybe nobody has said anything because they know I mean it and I don't compliment very often.

I can't wait for the day someone gives me crap cause we got alot of cholla cactus here in the desert and would gladly slam their face in one.

What's wrong with saying "Don't say that because it bugs me?" If they do it again, sure, now you can throw down.

Did Obama Care stop paying for your meds Friend? :\

I don't get it. I've played ball golf for 20 years and taught for the last 10 years. When I see a great shot I say "Shot" which is short for nice shot. If someone gave me any crap for that I would/will put them in the hospital. Maybe nobody has said anything because they know I mean it and I don't compliment very often.

I can't wait for the day someone gives me crap cause we got alot of cholla cactus here in the desert and would gladly slam their face in one.

What's wrong with saying "Don't say that because it bugs me?" If they do it again, sure, now you can throw down.

You wouldn't do crap nor could you "internet tough guy". lol

Don't nice me bro! :popcorn:

Most of the people I play with will say something when you execute a nice shot... whether it's a drive, upshot or putt. I don't see anything wrong with complementing someone who had a nice shot. :clap:

I think maybe you should save all the azz kicking for the ball course. We are more of a fun loving, non beat down type crowd. :\

WHAAAAAT???? I'm not above handin out an ass whuppin if the situation calls for it. If they don't like my nice maybe they will like to hear me laughing my ass off when they shank. I love playing with the occasional noob my nephew drags along with us. NOTHING is more funny than watching some of them acclimate to the sport.

18a46a73e8484c9dc42b610311d74ab41805ac37da4252453fbedbb5bffff46d.jpg

I get it. I would never say anything until the disc comes to a halt. I wouldn't want to jinx my friend/opponent, very disrespectful. Only in fun could you pull that off and I still wouldn't go there.

Thanks for clearing that up cause i've played with some great players and I can see one of them rejecting a compliment. That's the guy I was referring to.

I'm probably one of the last guys to get in a fight but I'll be one of the first ones to call bull$h1t when it's appropriate. In this case it is not appropriate.

Ya, little white balls are less prone to chain out, land on a side, and roll 150 feet down a ravine (although on fast greens, they can do bad things for sure). So it is a bit easier to be quick with the "Nice" in Ball Golf. I still do it all the time, but I try to watch myself if I play with non-freinds.

When a little white ball passes within 3 feet of a tree, I tend to shudder and breathe a sigh of relief as it passes, that shot felt much more lucky than nice.

When my disc passes within 3" of a tree, I hit my exact line i was trying to hit and I'm pumped.

A nice (looking) shot down the fairway in ball golf is likely to remain a nice shot all the way through (it hits the nice groomed fairway, and gently rolls to a stop).

A nice (looking) shot down the middle of the fairway in disc golf doesn't always end up in the best possible position (it skips, hits a root, stands up and rolls 100' into a creek where an angry warthog chews it up and pisses on it).

A nice (looking) shot down the middle of the fairway in disc golf doesn't always end up in the best possible position (it skips, hits a root, stands up and rolls 100' into a creek where an angry warthog chews it up and pisses on it).

I'm glad I'm not the only one that happened to. ;-)

The only time this ever got on my nerves was in a tournament when a guy would say, "nice run" after every single putt I missed. Not after I ran and upshot and missed, not after I had an ace run, after I missed a putt.

The only time this ever got on my nerves was in a tournament when a guy would say, "nice run" after every single putt I missed. Not after I ran and upshot and missed, not after I had an ace run, after I missed a putt.

good up bro.

When a little white ball passes within 3 feet of a tree, I tend to shudder and breathe a sigh of relief as it passes, that shot felt much more lucky than nice.

When my disc passes within 3" of a tree, I hit my exact line i was trying to hit and I'm pumped.

A nice (looking) shot down the fairway in ball golf is likely to remain a nice shot all the way through (it hits the nice groomed fairway, and gently rolls to a stop).

At least we don't have warthogs at Delaveaga, but there is the Poison Oak and Ground Wasps.

If somebody nices me I tell them to stop. If they don't I make little noises while they throw or get onto their peripheral vision. If they continue I will throw an acorn at them when they're not looking. I hate when people talk to my discs.

Latest posts