• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your best Disc Golf jokes of all time

Thanks. And don't forget to tip your waitress. I have to pinch myself real fast, been called a lot of things.... but never clever. I have just seen the movie "Airplane" sooooo many times that some of the humor rubbed off on me. If you are too young to have seen Airplane, make sure that you do before you become too serious and responsible to laugh at such silliness.:D
14's about the perfect age to watch Airplane.
DW: you need to watch this.

Once during a doubles league round at a wooded course our card's scorekeeper informed me that I had the box.

I replied, "and you know what boxes are made out of... lines!"

14's about the perfect age to watch Airplane.
DW: you need to watch this.

14 is a perfect age to watch it. Just have the remote control in your hand the entire time in order to hit pause, because you will miss the next two funny lines due to laughing. also, if you don't have a refined enough sense of humor, you will think that it is stupid instead of funny because you are not getting the joke.... like my mom did.

The writer's for that movie certainly set up some funny scenes, and gave us some great lines, but now that you bring this up:
Tough to top Mrs. Cleaver interpreting jive.

Quite a bit of the humor in Airplane had to do with the casting. More specifically, the context in which we were used to seeing those actors. If someone isn't familiar with Mrs. Cleaver, Jim Phelps, or Kareem Abdul Jabbar... that subtext is lost.

And there's being able to contrast it against the franchise of Airport disaster movies it spoofed.

I think kids will still enjoy it today, but those elements certainly made it a richer experience for our generation, whether realize it, or not.

The writer's for that movie certainly set up some funny scenes, and gave us some great lines, but now that you bring this up:

Quite a bit of the humor in Airplane had to do with the casting. More specifically, the context in which we were used to seeing those actors. If someone isn't familiar with Mrs. Cleaver, Jim Phelps, or Kareem Abdul Jabbar... that subtext is lost.

And there's being able to contrast it against the franchise of Airport disaster movies it spoofed.

I think kids will still enjoy it today, but those elements certainly made it a richer experience for our generation, whether realize it, or not.

Yep, "you try dragging Lanier up and down the court...."

Yep, "you try dragging Lanier up and down the court...."

he has the kid by the scruff of his shirt while saying "Tell your old man to try dragging Lanier and walton up and down the court for 48 minutes" and as soon as he lets go of the kids shirt the stewardess walks in and says"time to go back to your seat billy" that's when peter graves(the pilot) says"no, he's not bothering anyone. :D

he has the kid by the scruff of his shirt while saying "Tell your old man to try dragging Lanier and walton up and down the court for 48 minutes" and as soon as he lets go of the kids shirt the stewardess walks in and says"time to go back to your seat billy" that's when peter graves(the pilot) says"no, he's not bothering anyone. :D

Nice. Obviously couldn't recall the line verbatim. But, a kid today would probably not know Jabbar, Lanier, or Walton (as a player).

Airplane! is an absolute classic - particularly for men of a certain age like myself. I'd say I rarely go a week without making some reference to it. If I ever take a drink of something and spill any - "That's when I developed my drinking problem." I'm sure it never gets old for my family and friends!

Last edited:
[The perfect video would have been embedded here - but I effed it up somehow]

This will give you the gist of it (if you've never seen it)

Last edited:
Nice. Obviously couldn't recall the line verbatim. But, a kid today would probably not know Jabbar, Lanier, or Walton (as a player).
Precisley. That scene's meaningless if viewed in the context of a kid talking to a pilot.

The scene about speaking jive would still be funny, because all the actors sell it so well.
But the fact that its Mrs. Cleaver is the funniest part.

Peter Graves just seems like a pedohile.... but knowing that's Mr' Phelps from Mission Impossible makes it hilarious.

Tell me you didn't love watching those recorded messages self-destruct!
Sadly, that sort of subtlety has left the screen. Now, everything has to go "over the top."

Latest posts