• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your Buzzz of choice?

What's your Buzzz of choice?

• 1st Run

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • 2FR Buzzz

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Old production Z

Votes: 34 11.4%
  • New production Z

Votes: 69 23.1%
  • Midnight

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Z SS

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • ESP SS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESP

Votes: 35 11.7%
  • FLX

Votes: 37 12.4%
  • Pro D

Votes: 14 4.7%
  • Crystal Z

Votes: 26 8.7%
  • Crystal FLX

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Sparkle Z

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • X Buzzz

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • I plead the 5th...

Votes: 28 9.4%

• Total voters
discspeed said:
The Buzzz SS is very different from the Comet. It can do many things a Comet cannot. It holds it's speed and distance better in the wind, flies much farther on a low ceiling line drive, and gets more forward skip. There are courses down here that I could carve up with a BuzzzSS and really struggle with a Comet due to low ceilings.
So, like I said, speed.

DD just released some LE Midnight cryztal sparkle Z buzzes

http://www.dynamicdiscs.net/Discraft-LE-Midnight-Cryztal-Sparkle-Z-Buzzz-p/0575-0.htm

Frank Delicious said:
DD just released some LE Midnight cryztal sparkle Z buzzes

http://www.dynamicdiscs.net/Discraft-LE-Midnight-Cryztal-Sparkle-Z-Buzzz-p/0575-0.htm

Just added 2 Buzzz's to my collection over Christmas, guess I'm adding a few more these look slick.

I just put a buzzz in the bag today since I haven't thrown one in about 3 or so years. This thing flies like my TD. I think I'm gonna keep it in there for a bit.

Yeah, threw my z-buzzz a few times on my last snow round, and liked it. Though I like my comets more so it's not going into my bag.

The past couple of years I've been throwing mainly just Comets for my mid, and mainly just Rocs for a while before that, and finally this year I decided to screw the mold minimalism and toss a Buzzz and Meteor in with the Comet. There's a lot of overlap but otoh each has its strengths. We'll see. I've only been out once with this setup.

I picked up a meteor at PIAS that I haven't thrown yet. I forgot it today, but want to toss it.

Really digging my Titanium Buzzz. You guys will eat these things up!

juju said:
Really digging my Titanium Buzzz. You guys will eat these things up!

I know it's a few months old but...

What are the Ti Buzzzes like, when compared with the normal Zs? They looked to be a tick understable (like the FRs). Is that right? Are they worth trying?

They are very nice, and like you said, a little bit less stable than most current Z's. I think you'll like them as a straighter Buzzz if you're looking for a good complement, or just find Z's more stable than you want. They have also seemed flatter and faster than many of the Z's I've thrown lately.

The newest Buzzz is about to hit the market:

The 10th Anniversary Buzzz

I am told they will be released at the Memorial tournament so no one has seen or felt any. Except me, of course, but I only have a box of them.

A custom hotstamp is on top. A new (and old) Wasp bottom returns. Evidently the old Wasp raised letters wore down and were replaced with new graphics. Z plastic (so far, it is unknown if others plastics are contemplated). I have only thrown one (in deep blue) and it is very strong.

I personally prefer D-Buzzzes to the other varieties. I will say this, however, that the Buzzz is the only midrange I like to throw in premium plastic (Z mostly). I just prefer to have them beat in a bit quicker over time.

Mark Ellis said:

I am told they will be released at the Memorial tournament so no one has seen or felt any. Except me, of course, but I only have a box of them.

A custom hotstamp is on top. A new (and old) Wasp bottom returns. Evidently the old Wasp raised letters wore down and were replaced with new graphics. Z plastic (so far, it is unknown if others plastics are contemplated). I have only thrown one (in deep blue) and it is very strong.

Wasp bottom- so does this mean it's got a bead? Or is it somehow more overstable than a regular Z? Or a glow?

Flipflat said:
Mark Ellis said:

Wasp bottom- so does this mean it's got a bead? Or is it somehow more overstable than a regular Z? Or a glow?

The 10th Anniversary Buzzzes are beadless, just like every other Buzzz I have ever seen in any plastic or run. I expect the 10th Anniversary run will have the typical variances. I saw some which were beautifully flat and some a bit domey. My preference is always for the flat topped ones so that is what I picked out.

Like most players I don't care how exactly what the stability of a mid-range disc is (understanding that Buzzzes are straight fliers by nature). I throw it, learn it, adjust to it and use it for what it does best. If anything I wish I could find a flippier Buzzz right out of the box so it wouldn't take years to break in to that level.

Mark Ellis said:
Flipflat said:
Mark Ellis said:

The 10th Anniversary Buzzzes are beadless, just like every other Buzzz I have ever seen in any plastic or run. I expect the 10th Anniversary run will have the typical variances. I saw some which were beautifully flat and some a bit domey. My preference is always for the flat topped ones so that is what I picked out.

Like most players I don't care how exactly what the stability of a mid-range disc is (understanding that Buzzzes are straight fliers by nature). I throw it, learn it, adjust to it and use it for what it does best. If anything I wish I could find a flippier Buzzz right out of the box so it wouldn't take years to break in to that level.

I've never thrown one, but isn't that what a buzzz ss is supposed to do?

what'shisname said:
Mark Ellis said:
Flipflat said:
Mark Ellis said:

I've never thrown one, but isn't that what a buzzz ss is supposed to do?

Perhaps but not in my hands. As a forehander (with all that flutter) I throw a Buzzz in the 150' to 250' range, which means I never throw them hard. From big armed backhanders I have heard that the SS is a broken in Buzzz. For me, throwing Buzzzes for touch/control shots the SS is not much different in stability than a Buzzz and tends not to mold as flat.

As it turns out the 150-250' range is really important. Beyond my putters but less than my drivers. The ability to hit a flat, straight, true line in the Buzzz range is a great benefit on some courses, especially the tight tunnel types. Enough so that I carry 4 Buzzzes in varying stabilities just to handle these shots.

Once you fall in love with a disc it is hard to abandon it. I should probably search for a really flat SS and give it another try.

mark have you thrown the squall much i find it very fh friendly in the 200' range.

money 21 said:
mark have you thrown the squall much i find it very fh friendly in the 200' range.

A Buzzz is flatter and has earned my adoration through many years and many throws. I have tried every midrange disc that Discraft makes including Squalls and its cousin, the Zombie. The only conditions which take a Buzzz out of my hands are crazy winds when I disc up to a Wasp or a Zone.

I have a buddy who loves the Squall and throws the heck out of it. It's his primary Mid within 300' and he can make it dance.

Part of the confidence you build with a disc is based on how it feels in the hand. A flat topped Z Buzzz feels right to me.