• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] What's your go-to putter?

timray109

I know everybody has all the common ones, like aviars and magnets and ions, but does anybody have any uncommon ones that work for them?

Like me: Innova DX Birdie

Just recently went back to my Ions for putting and I'm glad I did.

My Pures are my go to for Driving though.

I figured I would post in here instead of starting a new thread...

I am looking to get a new putter of a different variety (I use an FLX Challenger and love it) just to have another putter and try something new. Please help me with some suggestions.

Right now I am considering a Spike, Ion, or Ridge. I have not thrown any of these nor have I seen them thrown so I only have internet data to go by. I like my Challenger because it is slightly overstable and I tend to do a slight hyzer into the basket instead of putting dead straight.

Please guide me, O disc golf forum.

Ridge and ion are similar to your challenger. Is go ion. Out of those two. The ion is one if the best putters off the tee and great for approaches as well as putting. Fun disc.

Spike will be a less stable putter and would give you something new to see out of a putter.

Grip Line Spike has been the goto, but with higher winds lately, I've been using the max weight Classic Judge of late, and it's starting to get beat in...might have to get a couple more.

If you like a hyzer finish you might like the Rhyno. I swear...out of the random people I see on courses the guys who look like they are the most dialed in from long range all seem to use rhynos for some reason.
I once came across a guy on the course who swore by Rhynos. He had a plethora of them and used them for nearly every shot.

Ridge and ion are similar to your challenger. Is go ion. Out of those two. The ion is one if the best putters off the tee and great for approaches as well as putting. Fun disc.

Spike will be a less stable putter and would give you something new to see out of a putter.
Awesome. I just recently saw a bunch of talk about the Ion here so that piqued my interest. Maybe I'll pick up both of these discs :p

A classic judge. I have about nine total in different stages of wear including my stack of five that only get used on my practice basket. My favorite varies from the oldest most trashed swirl gray first run to a fresh misprint green swirl, or another white mostly new misprint. One of them is on for that day I just have to locate it and stick it in the bag before my round. That's what I use the practice putts to decide. Who's getting the start and who is getting benched.

A black 175g SSS Voodoo is my current "flavor of the day" for all putts and most approaches. I have an old reliable beat to heck R-Pro Dart that I usually fall back to. I've reached levels of superstition with this black Voodoo though, and absolutely refuse to let anything in my bag touch the chains while it's the hot disc.

DX Rhyno. The first one I got flies like it's already beaten up, so I can actually putt with it. Lucky for me -w- Yaay Innova consistency. The second one I got is more Rhyno-y, so I'll have to wear it in to putt.

I also have a R-Pro Polecat, but not for putting. It's for short drives, and touchy, floaty approaches. Rhynos aren't touchy or floaty.

Latest posts