• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] What's your go-to putter?

Nicely broken in KC Aviars. The one in my bag is finally getting to it's sweet spot after 3 years.

I also carry a yeti aviar for super long putts and a beat small bead aviar for most short drives and most approaches.

I use mildly domey 172g gummy Ontario mold Star Rhynos. They have to be white and have a small nipple so I can spin them on my finger more easily. I have three of them that are all exactly the same, I carry all of them in my bag at all times and if you try to touch them I will chew your arm off.

Is that "uncommon" enough?

Two things I've learned to have complete faith in;

Trojan condoms, and my Chunk VP.
salute2.gif

I've went through a large majority of the putters out there and no matter what I try nothing comes close to my Medium Neutron Anode. That thing is so butter.

I've been using organic wizards for a long time but am considering switching plastics because its too hard to find similar organics. I was thinking about switching to something a little more neutral than the wizard but donet know if I am willing to make that switch this far in my game.

Soft Wizards.

For driving, i like to throw the judge..its lower profile feels better in my hand and it just flies well in general. The pa4 is used for short approaches, anhyzers, and turnover shots.

Medium X-link VP. It has a reputation as a meathook, but I don't think it's too overstable - it flies straight within the circle with some decent snap. I love the way the medium handles the chains - it has the perfect amount of floppiness - and it is super durable. Plus, it's uber-predictable on approaches. I like that I can use the same disc for approaches as for putting.

It's an underrated putter in my opinion.

This is one of the only absolutes... The VP over shadows every other putter.

So.. IF the anode doesn't pan out.. Is there a different putter anyone would recommend from Discraft?? My Anode(s) have been acting funny. Different flight and feel very slick. Won't hit the same lines I used to hit (1 month ago I was owning with these bad boys).

Latest posts