• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your weakness?

For me, it was getting my weight transfer and the "handing it to the basket" motion down. I'm a spusher, too, for the most part. When I'm off a bit, my keyword is "forward". Reminds me to keep everything in a straight line, which usually leads to chains.

I do this as well... I try to keep my putt velocity the same anywhere inside the circle... It works great when im on line. I never really have a hard time getting to the basket but I am usually off to the right or sometimes left but that is less of a problem.

The biggest problem for me seems to be hitting just the top rim of the basket and donking the putt. When I try to focus on a higher chain link all my putts hit the chastity belt or go over the top. Then I am left with 15' comeback putt that at this point is far from a gime for me. :wall:

Time.

I don't live close to any courses, so finding time to play is a challenge. I'll throw a lights-out round, but then can't quite capture what I did right because it's another 2 weeks until I get the chance to play again. If I could just get on the course and play, I'd be probably 5-10 strokes per round better.

I do this as well... I try to keep my putt velocity the same anywhere inside the circle... It works great when im on line. I never really have a hard time getting to the basket but I am usually off to the right or sometimes left but that is less of a problem.

The biggest problem for me seems to be hitting just the top rim of the basket and donking the putt. When I try to focus on a higher chain link all my putts hit the chastity belt or go over the top. Then I am left with 15' comeback putt that at this point is far from a gime for me. :wall:

Do you want to know what I did to help stop me from hitting low on the basket....not a rhetorical question.....Just before I putt I look up to the sky and then bring my head down to normal height.....I find that when I get over a putt and start really focusing on what I have to do, my chin drops down and that forces me to come up low on my putts.....after trying this little method I started hitting dead center chains every time.....now I will miss high on occasion but I'd rather miss high then low...sometimes you get a little lucky and the disc ends up in the basket anyway if you hit high on the chains..

Do you want to know what I did to help stop me from hitting low on the basket....not a rhetorical question.....Just before I putt I look up to the sky and then bring my head down to normal height.....I find that when I get over a putt and start really focusing on what I have to do, my chin drops down and that forces me to come up low on my putts.....after trying this little method I started hitting dead center chains every time.....now I will miss high on occasion but I'd rather miss high then low...sometimes you get a little lucky and the disc ends up in the basket anyway if you hit high on the chains..

I will try this for sure... makes sense and nothing can get worse for me at this point. :)

More loft/less power maybe?

Consistency and Mental Game I guess. Playing safe is lamesauce then I get angry when it doesn't work out like I think it should. Basically costing myself a ton of strokes for no reason. Then again I play twice a week and don't really "get ready" for tournaments like I probably should. So yeah, its a hobby whatever. OH and Brunettes! Love me some Brunettes. Putting on the other hand... Everything inside 40ish should go in.

try focusing on a link on the back side of the basket.

Short range approach shots for me. Frustrating when you have a good drive and are 100 ft. out yet still mange to leave yourself with a 30 ft. putt. Only shank like that a few times a round but that equates to a few more strokes. I need some field practice to gain some consistency and touch with these approaches. Almost do better with 150-200 ft. approaches.:wall:

Last edited:
Throwing uphill, disc just kind of goes up in the air and stalls and dies. It's not because I'm throwing high speed discs, so I really don't know how to fix it

Throwing uphill, disc just kind of goes up in the air and stalls and dies. It's not because I'm throwing high speed discs, so I really don't know how to fix it

I spotted for a guy last week that threw nose down over a 20 ft ledge. It even turned over into an anny. I was baffled.

Latest posts