• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your weakness?

More than anything, it is "time". Having time to actually work on improving rather than just getting out to play a quick round. Kids/job/life/wife....it all adds up.

But in terms of an actual shot, my forehand is terrible.

Dogleg left holes. They don't jive with a flick unless you throw a Hail Mary Monster anhyzer and have the disc turn and burn.

Dogleg left holes. They don't jive with a flick unless you throw a Hail Mary Monster anhyzer and have the disc turn and burn.

I used to be forehand only so I know how you feel. Learning a forehand roller helps a lot with those, but if the hole is uphill it just tough. Part of the reason why I learned backhand.

Getting birdies. I'm not good at it.

And no, it's not sarcasm. I don't shoot competitive scores on easy courses. When par is a good number, I shoot well. When birdies need to fall, I suck.

Throwing from a tee. The exact same shot is either hard or easy for me depending on whether it's a tee shot or approach. :wall: :wall:

Playing long open courses where consistently throwing bombs are a must for birdies... my game is better suited for technical courses in the woods and placement drives off the tee.

- Putting (who doesn't)
- Consistent release point and "Aim" in general I sometimes struggle with greatly.

I try to watch all the pros/good players and the pre-shot routines they go through to get their aim dialed in and I just can't figure out something that works for me consistently.

Throwing uphill, disc just kind of goes up in the air and stalls and dies. It's not because I'm throwing high speed discs, so I really don't know how to fix it

You need to throw something understable or beat in for rhbh. Throwing uphill automatically puts the nose up which makes the disc want to stall. Throw something understable to battle that.

With me it is this. Going from biggest weakness to lesser:
1. More distance. I practice 1-3 hrs at a minimum 5 days/ week. Still nothing to brag about.
2. Forehand. I can't throw one to save my life. I have even worked on just throwing a ball using a sidearm. Zilch, zero nada.
3. Buying plastic. I don't know what it is, but I love going to the disc shop and seeing all the nice pretty round discs with all the colors. I attribute it to my OCD. Plus this site has everything a OCD guy like me has. All the discussion just feeds my problem ( in a good way)

More than anything, it is "time". Having time to actually work on improving rather than just getting out to play a quick round. Kids/job/life/wife....it all adds up.

But in terms of an actual shot, my forehand is terrible.

If I was going to actually post a real weakness it would have been this.

Putting is my weakness. Changed form a spin putter to more of a push putter. Takes a while to get dialed in. One step back to go two forward in the end

1. Forehand (common theme?). Get out of trouble flick, spike hyzer with OS driver, or 30' flick around a bush approach is ok...past that I have no confidence and would way rather throw an anny.

2. 100' upshot consistency. Just out of putting range, and too close to do a "real" approach throw for me. Half the time it's under the basket, half the time it goes into the ground midway there. I don't know if I should throw it harder & higher on a hyzer so I don't have to hold back power, or if I should just use my wrist like a catch frisbee straight at it?

80ft to 200ft approach shots - as soon as I get out of my jump putt range but can't throw a full shot. Just don't have the touch. This is magnified by the fact that I'm stuck in the 300-330ft drive range... I'm a good putter for my division (AM2 in AZ) which keeps me competitive but I'd love to win one of these tournaments...

dealing with the horrible people i encounter on the course. ive ran into the same mother****er my last 3 times out. he has a grocery cart with some sort of ridiculous boombox playing the worst dubstep, throws 3 discs off the tee every time, and plays so poorly he takes forever to clear a hole. he also refuses to let anyone play through, and never wears a shirt to boot. and after finally making a putt, he texts and changes the song for a few minutes. my patience is running awfully thin.

80ft to 200ft approach shots - as soon as I get out of my jump putt range but can't throw a full shot. Just don't have the touch. This is magnified by the fact that I'm stuck in the 300-330ft drive range... I'm a good putter for my division (AM2 in AZ) which keeps me competitive but I'd love to win one of these tournaments...

If you are joining us in Flagstaff for the Treebash this weekend good luck. There will be plenty of upshots happening with those wooded fairways.

dealing with the horrible people i encounter on the course. ive ran into the same mother****er my last 3 times out. he has a grocery cart with some sort of ridiculous boombox playing the worst dubstep, throws 3 discs off the tee every time, and plays so poorly he takes forever to clear a hole. he also refuses to let anyone play through, and never wears a shirt to boot. and after finally making a putt, he texts and changes the song for a few minutes. my patience is running awfully thin.

What course is this? I would like to see this. Lol

My weakness?

293hchicksman052308_zps225af406.jpg

If you are joining us in Flagstaff for the Treebash this weekend good luck. There will be plenty of upshots happening with those wooded fairways.

I'll be there for sure - haven't played either course yet... Hoping to get practice rounds in both places Friday... Luckily I just played Top of the Pines (tied 5th in AM2) a few weeks ago so I'm somewhat adjusted to the elevation...

I'll be there for sure - haven't played either course yet... Hoping to get practice rounds in both places Friday... Luckily I just played Top of the Pines (tied 5th in AM2) a few weeks ago so I'm somewhat adjusted to the elevation...

Awesome courses, very fun tournament. It's my only not miss of the year. Hopefully you can join us all for doubles at McPherson Friday. It's a good way to get a feel for how other people play the course. And bring your rain gear.

Latest posts