• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

"WHEATLAND DGC" at Willamette Mission State Park Summer 2013

Jason Bruster

As stated by Mike Wilson (Project Coordinator) in the Post; http://nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10399 "unofficial official announcement".
"I have been working to get a new disc golf course in at Willamette Mission State Park, north of Keizer, near the Wheatland Ferry. It will not be "official" until we cut the first branch on the first fairway at the first "clearing/work party".

But planning to have a par 56, (hopefully 58- fingers crossed), with wooded and more open holes.

I'll keep reporting as I have/get more solid information.

Mike Wilson"

"WHEATLAND DGC" has a tentative funding commitment by Willamette Mission State Parks Staff for the 2013 Budget for new disc golf baskets.
Mike has been working hard on this project for the past year and our hope is that is comes to fruition this summer of 2013. Nothing is certain in these types of projects with government agencies until checks are written and ground is broke. But, we are confident that this project will move forward this summer.

WHEATLAND DGC LAYOUT DETAILS:

18 holes + practice basket (provided by State Parks)

Course length just under 5900ft

Par 54-58

Mix of L-R, treed and open holes

Most holes will have alt pins

18 - 5x10 Concrete tee pads (provided by donations and volunteers PLEASE HELP!)

If you would like to help on this project through fundraising or ground work please print and fill out this Volunteer App Form http://oregonstateparks.org/files/individualvolapp.pdf and mail it Pac-West DG PO Box 20428 Keizer Oregon 97307 or scan and email the Volunteer App Form to [email protected]

Donations for concrete tee pads can be made via PayPal to [email protected] 100% percent of your donation goes toward the project. Credit card is also accepted upon request.

And make sure you come see the Pac-West DG booth at the Beaver State Fling