• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] When do most new discs come out?

todvan

Par Member
Is early in the new year when we expect to see new discs announced? Team discs? New in the bag videos? Just wondering what to look forward to next....

Is early in the new year when we expect to see new discs announced? Team discs? New in the bag videos? Just wondering what to look forward to next....

Players changing sponsors is the big year-end deal; there are threads for that in the General section.

New discs are announced all year, so I don't expect a flood of new molds. We will see WITB videos as the new season starts up next year, and things related to the new season are what to look forward to.

Players changing sponsors is the big year-end deal; there are threads for that in the General section.

New discs are announced all year, so I don't expect a flood of new molds. We will see WITB videos as the new season starts up next year, and things related to the new season are what to look forward to.
Yup a lot of ITB updates between memorial and GBO. Thats when the video crews and pros will be together again

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

yeah I'd say new discs are released whenever - so not a typical timeframe. But Once Feb rolls around and players are getting ready for the new year of Golf the new IN THE BAGS and such likely out late winter/early spring. Again its all kinda random so no good prediction. just spend winter re-watching all the Jomezes. By the time youre finished itll problaby be March.

yeah I'd say new discs are released whenever - so not a typical timeframe. But Once Feb rolls around and players are getting ready for the new year of Golf the new IN THE BAGS and such likely out late winter/early spring. Again its all kinda random so no good prediction. just spend winter re-watching all the Jomezes. By the time youre finished itll problaby be March.

Recently this year Innova has been doing player bag check-in for the sponsored players who have bags change during the year but more so when the bag changes the most during tournaments or due to a new disc release during the year. Example of new disc: some player drops an old disc or two for a new released mold as it does exactly or much closer to what they want for a disc in that slot.

When you least expect them, not unlike the Spanish Inquisition.

Related note: The Spanish Inquisition is our newest 12-speed driver in the Dynamic Discs lineup! With superior speed and predictable turn, you'll never have to worry about losing a disc to the Moors again!

Related note: The Spanish Inquisition is our newest 12-speed driver in the Dynamic Discs lineup! With superior speed and predictable turn, you'll never have to worry about losing a disc to the Moors again!

"The Inquisition, lets begin;
the Inquisition, look out sin!"

--- History of the World, Pt. 1

Can't wait for the Crusade.

Discraft always releases something new (or re-releases OOP discs like they did this year) for the Ace Race in the fall. Otherwise they sometimes release discs with a lot of fanfare (like the Zeus) or have others slip almost entirely under the radar (like the Punisher)

New molds are sporadic throughout the year, although I'd expect some new Paige Pierce stuff to drop before too long.

New tour series discs usually show up in Feb-April, and the players who are smart about marketing their tour discs will do their ITB's soon after their tour series stuff drops.

Other exciting stuff to look out for:
Occasionally CCDG will film a local lower tier event, but not rush it into next-day post produced coverage. Those videos are released throughout the off-season as they have free time to edit old footage. Same is true of some smaller name film crews.

Can't wait for the Crusade.

Lol! Sounds like a JohnE disc. Maybe they'll do a commemorative "D-Bag of the Decade" stamp for 2020.

Also forgot the Ace Race was until this last year, was a new disc. Not sure how Paige Pierce now on Discraft (again?) will affect the Ace Race this year or if she will.

Discraft always releases something new (or re-releases OOP discs like they did this year) for the Ace Race in the fall. Otherwise they sometimes release discs with a lot of fanfare (like the Zeus) or have others slip almost entirely under the radar (like the Punisher)

I should have read more posts, mine seems redundant. I will agree, some Discs will slip under the radar like the Punisher or the Stalker when that came out in 2000's I remember the Stalker slipping in under radar as people either loved the flight or turned there noses up at the disc due to the bead on the disc.

Last edited:

Latest posts