• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

When Pigs Fly!

Cyclops

Par Member
Well, I got my first Ace today at Tyler State Park Hole #10 in the A pin(208ft.). It's a small slope down to a creek and than up hill. The basket is on the side of the hill about fifteen-twenty feet higher then the tee pad. You can't see the basket because there is one big tree blocking your view on the tee.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?p=course_pics/29/6a29af2f.jpg

I threw a 173g. Blue Flash, joking as the disc was flying I said ching to my son. It looked good and I thought it would land under the basket. Then all you heard was KA-CHING!

Somehow I knew someone would say that? Thanks, Frank I'm glad it was you. I'm a fan of many of your posts.......laughing. At times crude but straight to the point with a touch of sarcasm. Tell me how you really feel........:D

I'm disappointed that you used this thread title but didn't ace with a pig.

Same here. I'll have to submit this style infraction to the North American Monitoring Board of Legitimate Aces or NAMBLA for short.

I'm disappointed that you used this thread title but didn't ace with a pig.

X2. Awesome that you said ching before though. While one of my aces was in the air I turned to my friend and said, "That's how you throw it on this hole"....CHING! Now I say that on every drive. :hfive:

Same here. I'll have to submit this style infraction to the North American Monitoring Board of Legitimate Aces or NAMBLA for short.

LMAO!! For my student teaching I always use NAMBLA as an example of a legitimate non-governmental organization. People either laugh or look around like, "What the heck is NAMBLA?". I tell them to ask Bill Brasky.

Somehow I knew someone would say that? Thanks, Frank I'm glad it was you. I'm a fan of many of your posts.......laughing. At times crude but straight to the point with a touch of sarcasm. Tell me how you really feel........:D

So, uh, you threw a flash on a 208' hole?

Yes he threw a Flash on a 208' hole. Might not be by the book, but results are all that matters.

Enough of the NAMBLA stuff already. That just ain't right.

Fender,

Your teaching technique is sure different. Glad your in GA! Maybe i should start saving for private schools for my kids.

I just off the phone with NAMBLA, they're going to let the ace stand. Frank, they also want to know if you are going to renew your membership this year?

I just off the phone with NAMBLA, they're going to let the ace stand. Frank, they also want to know if you are going to renew your membership this year?

I'm on the B.O.D. this year. I thought if you were on the B.O.D. you didn't have to pay dues. I'm looking this up in the bylaws.

Wow, that's great. You mean you got the direct line to NAMBLA HQ? I guess you pretty high up on the pole to get access like that BrotherDave. :D

Congrats! I'm still coming off that "first-ace" high myself. yet somehow... I'm managed to not go play today? How? I have no idea.

So, uh, you threw a flash on a 208' hole?

Yes he threw a Flash on a 208' hole. Might not be by the book, but results are all that matters.

Okay, so we should all be throwing putters for holes up to 250 ft. Throw Mids on 250-350 ft. holes and save the distance drivers for the Pros. Most holes around here are between 200-400 ft. By these standards I'll get to use a distance driver for 2 holes out of 18. I guess I'm going to have to get rid of like 200 discs in my garage and become a 2 disc'er.
I'm not saying others on here wouldn't use a putter for this hole. Me....down slope and up hill hyzer? Sure I could drive to the basket with my soft wizard on this hole. Would I? Use a putter.....nope. To each his own.......lol.