• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

When to retire your discs?

I retire discs when they get too beat up, warped or cracked. I'm usually good at sanding, bending (tuning) and heating discs back into playing shape but some of them just go too far and then it's just time to let them go. I end up throwing them for practice on pavement then they get really chewed up. After that they just lie in my stack and are occasionally looked at and touched gently (caressed) while remembering the good times we had together.

I will continue to use a disc until it is no longer useful, that may mean I cycle new discs in to do what that disc used to do but it takes a while to go through that. I just recently got on a DX teebird kick because they just go so far and those need to be cycled fairly quickly.

After 2 months and over 9000 trees I've gone through a dx destroyer to the point where it's a roller only disc, a pro orc to the point where it was so warped it's more funny than useful in any way, a pro destroyer that hit one tree and became flippy... and my first disc (dx aviar) is a dog toy.

Innova carnage for sure.

My Latitude feels like it will never need to be retired.

Latest posts