• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are the Canadians at?

i worked in quebec for a summer and never saw a disc or a frisbee or a barber shop.

That was clever with the basketball stuff at the end, but I don't get what's up with all the old timey moustaches.

From Western Canada here. British Columbia. No need for awareness, the sport is growing every day. Many aren't "forumers", if you will. There is a BC Disc golf forum as well, but it is pretty slow and it seems that the group isn't that quick on updating the site. I hope to bug some people to change that.

I don't do course reviews as I haven't played enough DG to evaluate correctly.

I could review the course my gf and I just built..lol...but that would be pretty biased. ;)

From Western Canada here. British Columbia. No need for awareness, the sport is growing every day. Many aren't "forumers", if you will. There is a BC Disc golf forum as well, but it is pretty slow and it seems that the group isn't that quick on updating the site. I hope to bug some people to change that.

I don't do course reviews as I haven't played enough DG to evaluate correctly.

I could review the course my gf and I just built..lol...but that would be pretty biased. ;)

review it just put up info and pics......now we are all curious

I am from Ontario, and proud of it. I just stumbled across this site a little while ago so i am very new and have not posted much.

I am from London area, i have not reviewed any courses around here because i am new and forget to lol.

Where i am we have around 6 parks.

London has St. Julien park have only played there once,

St. Thomas has 2, V.A Barrie is the open course and its a great course +2'd it yeserday. first 6 holes are all water hazards and my sidearm throws are brutal there ( lost two there yesterday in the water), hole number nine is the courses signature hole down hill shot beautiful hole.

The second course is Dalewood, not a very hard course but very wooded and short holes, disc's get beat up quick by the tree's, this course is in a forest so tree's are a obsticle on pretty much every hole.

Alymer has a full 18 course called at steen park, short holes a couple water hazard holes took me and 2 friends about an hour and half to play all 18.

alymer has a short 9 hole course, decent course nothing great.

there are a couple courses around too that i have not been to yet, but the best part is they are all free, all clean.

southwest ontario can get pretty wet so if its raining wear clothes and shoes you dont mind getting dirty!

Hope this helps! and have fun in canada!

Cool, I've played most of the courses in the St. Thomas area, but there's a couple left I'm gonna hit up in a few weeks when I'm up there. I haven't played Waterworks and the new 18 holer in Alymer. Maybe we can meet up for a round when I'm in the area. VA Berrie is definitely my favorite course in the area, I even played in a 2 day tournament there last year.

And don't be shy about spreading the word about DGCR. It would be great to get more Canadian golfers on here.

Another Canadian here from Calgary. We've only got 2 - 9 hole public courses here and a few 18 hole target courses in the city. There's a really nice 18 hole course in a private community park here that's been my local course for 8ish years now and as of tomorrow, they're locking out the non-resident members. :(

We're finally getting a local association going again now though so hopefully we'll get some nice courses installed in some public courses soon.

review it just put up info and pics......now we are all curious

I do have a pic of the layout up in the "developing courses" and will be adding photos once we get baskets into place..

Going to the hill right now to put the bases for the baskets in the ground!

I visited Montreal early this month for business and was suprised to to find that there was only one course(installed 10/09) in a town of 4 million+: Parc Ignace Bourget And it was only a short 12 hole course. Although, they do have a local club with a legit website, there was only one more within 60 miles but apparently early June isn't considered summertime there so it wasn't open yet.

Overall my DG expierence there was disappointing.

On a more positive note: I ended up front loading the trip and squeezed out a free day so i took my 3 discs and drove 2 hours to VT and played two rounds at Black Falls Disc Golf Club. Wow, what a course.

I live in Ottawa, Ontario and we have a couple of really nice courses around here. Camp Fortune is 15 minutes north of Ottawa in Quebec (Occupied Ontario). It is built on a ski hill and is a great course. Lots of variety from tightly wooded tunnels, to crosshill shots to 500 foot downhills. There is something to be said to stepping up....looking at a basket 450 downhill away and saying "This looks like a good spot for my Buzz".

There is also a private course in Ettyville, Ontario which just opened a couple years ago. It is very long and technical. We played league there last night and the best round was 63. I believe the best seen there this year was a 57, which was an excellent round.

If anyone is in Ottawa, drop me a pm and I'll show you the mountain.

Check out www.odgc.ca for local details

Man tries to pay tax with 200,000 pennies
By QMI Agency

RIPON, Que. - A Quebec man, fed up with his skyrocketing property taxes, carted more than 200,000 pennies down to City Hall to pay his bill. But he was denied, and asked to simply cut a cheque.

Normand Czepial of Ripon, Que. — less than an hour's drive northeast of Gatineau — arrived at City Hall on Wednesday with a children's pool filled with 213,625 pennies.

Czepial's property tax bill reportedly rose by nearly $4,000 dollars last year to $6,400. Czepial tried to pay with pennies to protest the hike.

Ripon Mayor Luc Desjardins was surprised to see the stunt, but had to tell Czepial to find another way to pay his bill.

Under the Currency Act, nobody is obliged to accept more than 25 pennies as payment for any product or service. Normand Czepial, unfortunately, was 213,600 over the limit.

Latest posts