• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are they now: Ragna Bygde version

mike3216

Bogey Member
I always wondered what became of Ragna Bygde. Solid player, European Championship, three Swedish Championships. She just came up on my LinkedIn account as a 3rd contact (as in, I'm connected to people she's connected to, twice separated). She is a Teller Supervisor at a bank in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Of all of the places I would expect a Swedish European champion to turn up, a bank in Kalamazoo may not be the last, but it is close...........

If I remember correctly she married an American, became a bonus mom to his children and then she got a job at a bank...no more time to tour

Well, she lives there and likely needs to eat. She is now Ragna Bygde Lewis, as she got married. I can't imagine disc golfing was her career plan. Hope she is doing well.

It's hard to imagine disc golf in anyone's career plan, outside of maybe three women and ten men. I'm more surprised at the Sweden/Michigan move. Such a culture shock.

If I remember correctly she married an American, became a bonus mom to his children and then she got a job at a bank...no more time to tour

I can't imagine tour life is appealing to anyone over the age of 25, unless you're raking it in, which pretty much doesn't happen in DG. If she had played at the same level in the LPGA tour, it would be a different story entirely.

It's hard to imagine disc golf in anyone's career plan, outside of maybe three women and ten men. I'm more surprised at the Sweden/Michigan move. Such a culture shock.

Kalamazoo is a nice small college town, good place to raise a family/affordable and lots of disc golf courses in the area. Big enough that there are plenty of jobs and things to do but still a small town feel where the locals all know each other.

I think she had a kid with him

Yes i think so to, but i think she has a few bonus children to. .

Every post on her Insta is "family pics" ..a few years ago every pic was Discgolf related
She´s not even a PDGA member anymore

But Ragna still has the best Discgolfguy interview ever. . Terry dug himself a hole in that one :)

Yes i think so to, but i think she has a few bonus children to. .

Every post on her Insta is "family pics" ..a few years ago every pic was Discgolf related
She´s not even a PDGA member anymore

But Ragna still has the best Discgolfguy interview ever. . Terry dug himself a hole in that one :)

I searched and didn't find the interview in question. The one that I watched had no holes dug in it. :D Link?

I searched and didn't find the interview in question. The one that I watched had no holes dug in it. :D Link?

I don´t exaktly remember but i think it was a "after the round interview" at Worlds. .

But Terry asked a question about Ragnas short skirt. . and immediately regretted the not so appropriate question and got very red

She played a league night and one of our tournaments a few years back, on this side of the state. She's quite personable and easy to talk to.

Wouldn't mind running into her on the course during a casual round. Hope she's happy with her decisions.

But the reason behind Terrys question is another really bad interview from another guy talking more about her looks than her play

This one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNUVKx3kHYo

Ughhh!!! Playing on the lead card at Worlds and that's the first question?!?! I can understand approaching the subject if fans were making a big deal of it, but as the interviewer you should probably think out how to more appropriately discuss it vs. sounding like a creepy stalker.

Kalamazoo is a nice small college town, good place to raise a family/affordable and lots of disc golf courses in the area. Big enough that there are plenty of jobs and things to do but still a small town feel where the locals all know each other.

It sounds like a nice place. My Mom's family is from Michigan, but I have been there only once.

id love to hear about disc golfers side jobs/ living situations. we know they cant all be making a living off dg alone.

probably wouldnt be super glamorous and most wouldnt want to talk about it but would be interesting for sure.

I was going to post the same thread. I was just reading about her in an older mag and she seemed to be touted as the next big thing in FPO golf years ago. At 30 she never really made the talent leap needed to compete with the elite. Seems like an extremely nice person. Judging by her social media posts she's family happy, nothing wrong with that.

I was going to post the same thread. I was just reading about her in an older mag and she seemed to be touted as the next big thing in FPO golf years ago. At 30 she never really made the talent leap needed to compete with the elite. Seems like an extremely nice person. Judging by her social media posts she's family happy, nothing wrong with that.

That seems hard. .

She is the 2014 European champion. .
And she did place well at Worlds:

4th in 2013
3rd in 2014
5th in 2015
6th in 2017

So i would say she was a top5 FPO player in 2013-2015. . i would call that "compete with the elite"

Latest posts