• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

where can i buy discs in arlington tx??

XxInnovaxX

Double Eagle Member
Hey guys i just moved up to arlington tx recently and im having trouble finding places that sell discs. i was wondering if someone could tell me the best places to go with the best prices. ive tried the gas pipe and all they sell is innova, which isnt a big problem because thats normaly all that i throw but i would like to try out a couple discraft discs and the only places i know to go are at least 30 minutes away. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Do NOT go to Play it again sports. They have everything marked way up! Big rip.

IMO Just buy online. If you have to... Academy or Dicks sporting goods.

Play it again carrollton. They have a huge selection and great prices....I dont know which play it again Martys talking about but this one is money! Plus they give you a buy 10 get one free card which I havent seen down here. But otherwise online or at a tourney.

play it again rules they will buy your discs, let you trade towards new discs,and even let you put them on consignment to get you a couple extra bucks. And as far as prices go i found them to be very competitive and they are usally even or less than academy or sports authority and have alot better selection .

The selection and how often they restock varies from store to store but if live anywhere near a course it should be well stocked.

i just went on google earth and found 9 in the dallas ft worth area

the closest ones looks like 5258 s hulen st in ft worth or 2101 harwood rd in bedford if would like a phone number let me know.

whoah we do have internet in texas....look at that...YEEE-HAWW...yea ive bought online before, i just like to feel the disc in my hand before i buy, especially if its one ive never owned before

i just went on google earth and found 9 in the dallas ft worth area

the closest ones looks like 5258 s hulen st in ft worth or 2101 harwood rd in bedford if would like a phone number let me know.

cool deal man, i looked up the one in bedford and its like 6 min away!! thats awesome, too bad they just closed at 7,cant wait to go tommorow:D
-preciate it

dont forget to bring some unwanted discs to even out all the discs you didnt plan on buying but wont be able to leave without.

The one i go to has a buttload of x-out star and champs discs for less than the big box guys sell their dx crap, which makes it very hard not to buy backups for my backups and discs i can lose once i lose the other discs i can lose. Thats why i try not to go in unless i actually need something but then i find a no number disc i dont need and try to put an extra five bucks in my pocket but end up down 20-30 dollars when i leave. Good luck

The Carrollton PIAS is excellent, as is the Plano store, for whenever you are on the other side of town. PIAS in Bedford is a mixed bag. My brother used to work there, and the disc deals were subpar at the time -- that may have changed. 90% of what they have used comes out of the stream at Bear Creek, so if you lose anything in there, you know where to look first.

I also live in Alrington.. There are a couple place's you can try out! Smokey's has mostly Innova but sometime you can find a few Discrafts! If you ever go to play Veterans Park (best park in the metroplex IMO) there is a little corner store off of Arkansas & Roosevelt that carries EVERY disc known to man!!! The guys name is Sam & he's super nice, they also have "punch cards" so after your 6th disc they give you a $6 discount... Pretty cool.

I cant remember the name of the store but they have yellow Innova flags waving outside!

My friends and I have bought several discs from Play It Again on Hulen St in Fort Worth. They have a good selection of Innova and decent selection of Discraft.

The guy that is usually there is a disc golfer and has given very good advice when helping to select a disc. Play it again also sponsors a couple of the tournaments in the area.

I like being able to feel a disc instead of blind buying off the Internet (not saying I haven't purchased from the Internet).

Academy Sports has a so-so selection of Innova but your mileage may vary. Don't even bother with Sports Authority (horrible selection).

I also live in Alrington.. There are a couple place's you can try out! Smokey's has mostly Innova but sometime you can find a few Discrafts! If you ever go to play Veterans Park (best park in the metroplex IMO) there is a little corner store off of Arkansas & Roosevelt that carries EVERY disc known to man!!! The guys name is Sam & he's super nice, they also have "punch cards" so after your 6th disc they give you a $6 discount... Pretty cool.

I cant remember the name of the store but they have yellow Innova flags waving outside!

i'd recommend this place. pricier then academy but they have a huge solection of disc golf stuff from all sorts of discs to innova bags/straps/towels/license plate frams. you name it they got it or will get it if you ask them to.

-trev

Latest posts