• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where do you find disc's at

where do you find disc's at?

• Pond/Water

Votes: 12 15.0%
  • Deep woods

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Grassy Ereas

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • misc. places

Votes: 29 36.3%

• Total voters
All over man. Usually in grass or once in awhile I will find them just laying there. Happens more then you would think.

Only place I've never found a disc is in a pond/deep water. Cause I usually only come across other discs when I'm looking for mine, and when mine's in deep water, it's gone, my donation to the course, or whomever has the will to scour.

I was one of those idiots who left a disc 10 feet from the basket. I was -4 after 4 holes (it was a short course, but still)... parked it on the 5th hole, had an uphill putt and was so focused on the putt I left my driver laying there. Went back once I realized I didn't have it, about 6 holes later and it was gone :/

Oh, and a couple guys were behind my group and said they never saw it there. I offered 2 discs to them in the event that it would magically appear in their bag. "Nope, sorry". Completely killed my vibe.

I have left my main putters in the basket after practicing 2 separate times. Each time with numbers. Both times I was an idiot, and the discs were gone forever even though I left at dusk and returned at dawn.

Generally find em near water, but not in it. Grassy knolls around the water are usually your big areas. People suck at returning discs, return 2-3 dozen discs, had 1 returned. Seems like a great turn around! Karma doesn't really exist, but it's a treat to see people happy.

I just found one in my living room.

Picks up some strewn about clothes and other junk.

Oh, looky there's another!

Generally find em near water, but not in it. Grassy knolls around the water are usually your big areas. People suck at returning discs, return 2-3 dozen discs, had 1 returned. Seems like a great turn around! Karma doesn't really exist, but it's a treat to see people happy.

But the Norm of Reciprocity does. Keep making the world a better place; being part of a good world will be a reward at some point.

Last weekend while playing a relatively difficult course I ran into a group of casuals looking for an errant drive deep in the bushes. Within a few minutes, as a team, they found 4 discs. It made me realize that I haven't really been finding discs all that much lately. Then it dawned on me - as you get better at playing this game, you tend to stay in the fairway more, and as a result leave less opportunity to run into lost plastic.

This year I have only found 4 discs, and 3 of them were in the middle of the fairway. Only one had a number, and it was returned.

I use to find them in the fairway alot about 5 years ago. I would always call the number on the back when it had it. I never understood why I always seemed to find so many on those Wednesday mornings and never any other day. Then I found out a couple years later they use to run late minis on Tuesday. So apparently they were all disc that people couldn't see at night

Most of the time in the water trying to find mine, sadly mine tend to not show up for some reason.

What I've noticed from finding disc over the years....

INK = disc I'm excited to find because I throw them, followed by disappointment when I flip it over and see a number.

No INK = Champion Grooves and Monarchs, or DX Leopards and Valks.... I tend to just randomly toss those near baskets so newbies can find them.

^there are no discs there.

Latest posts