• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where do you practice?

Played all 9 holes of one of several practice courses I have laid out in the Cumberland, MD area today, dragging a Skillshot around with me.

It was Constitution Park today, probably my favorite layout I've created at any of the local parks. Threw each hole 2-3 times with 3-5 discs each time.

Although I don't like the down-time of moving the basket around, it's well worth it to me to actually get to play holes and not just throw to a spot.

I either go to my local course that has a short front 9 and a slightly longer back, or what I most often do is grab a few discs and walk 30 seconds to the local park. No distance measurements like a football field would have, but there are a couple soccer goal nets ... they are not permanent, but pretty much stay in the same spot. They are about 190' apart ... I like trying to shoot my putters/mids into them.

............I'm working on my left handed throws right now, and the net is perfect. I still have about 1/5 throws that aren't anywhere close to where I want them to go, and I'm trying to eliminate those............

You know what? Now that you mention it, that is the perfect thing for developing my left handed backhand as well. I would be working only on the mechanics of my throw, like you say (and I DO need work). I don't know of any place like that near me, but it might be well for me to look.

Curtis

Latest posts